The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Gameguy1996
ZombieFish
Luma Party
TheFrozenFairy
Marowak
9 posters

Paper Mario: Color Splash

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

paper - Paper Mario: Color Splash  - Page 2 Empty Re: Paper Mario: Color Splash

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Yes, it looks a lot better than Sticker Star in terms of the overall world, design, humor, and creativity, but the main issues Sticker Star had were its battle system and lack of original characters/partners and they seem to still be present here. The battles at least look a bit more interesting with the paint cards but they're still pointless to complete with no incentive to fight. Literally the only reason I even battled in Sticker Star was to get rid of stickers so I could use the single sticker that defeats the boss for each world. And no original characters just makes the world feel empty, Paper Mario is all about the original characters and not having them there is still just...ugh.

So all in all I don't think the game will be quite as bad as Sticker Star but it's not going to be a great new entry into the series. I'm not sure I want it.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:55 pm

I still want it. But it's cause I loved Sticker Star, & playing a game with complex mechanic is a game I want to play. I'm not going to shrug away from a complicated battle system because 'it's hard', or because I have to 'fetch after more cards'. I want it because of those reasons.

Personally, I can not wait to play Epic Mario: Color Splash when it releases cause it's going to be a ton of fun. :3
    Yoshiman222
    Yoshiman222
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

User Points : 307

Post by Yoshiman222 Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:20 pm

It's definetly Sticker Star 2. Everything about it screams the exact same as sticker star. And if you loved sticker star that good for you - you got a perfect sequel to that. Someone like me? Sure Sticker Star was fun when I first went through it but I really have no interest in going through it again.

I really hate for the most part how Nintendo's been saying they're doing so much "new" stuff in this game when its clearly rehashed stuff from Sticker Star for the most part. Enemy Cards being like temporary partners from The Thousand Year Door. Still no unique characters, Koopalings feel overused because of this, and no unique story as well. Worst part being cards are EXACTLY like stickers - I wish they were at least pernament, but now you have to worry about paint AND card consumption with this. Why would I ever enter a battle in this game now knowing that I only get a small amount of stuff for fighting? god nintendo...
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:21 pm

It's basically the same type of game mechanics I've seen in Epic Mickey, the paint mechanic is about the same. Only difference is that Mario uses a hammer to paint with instead of a paint brush as Mickey does. The only difference is how the battles are played, which are yea basically the same as sticker star just with cards: oh a difference.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Nintendo has released the first of the "Rescue V" series for Paper Mario: Color Splash, which is kind of a trailer and comical vintage style cartoon-ish video at the same time.

This was actually pretty great, I really enjoyed it.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:53 pm

That video was cute, but it still made me want to burn them because they're Paper Toads... xp
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:09 pm

Those characters are full of charm. I just wish they where something other then just Toads.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Gameguy1996 wrote:Those characters are full of charm. I just wish they where something other then just Toads.
    Yea, like good guy koopa's or something. Heck I'd even be happy to see the return of the Axem Rangers tbh.
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:30 am

Pre-loaded copies can be played right now. The game isn't due out for another 2 weeks.

https://twitter.com/Electivirus/status/779262544288501760

Pretty big mistake on Nintendo's part.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:05 am

This is ridiculous. I get that we all make mistakes, but that's a pretty huge oversight. Either way it's really nice that people can play the full game early. Maybe we'll get some more new footage.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Huh? The twitter link seems to be nonexistent since Polar made his post. Let me google this real fast then.. Oh, here we go; Fixed accident.

Looks like this has since been fixed; so no worries!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:49 pm

I guess that's probably for the better, and it makes sense that the issue would be fixed, but it was pretty cool that some people were able to download the full version of the game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:54 pm

It looks like someone is out of a job. Here's 20 minutes of gameplay.

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:36 am

It looks like Nintendo is put together this to sell the game based on the paint idea.

paper - Paper Mario: Color Splash  - Page 2 FNN0yJw

The games using paint is really the only thing that's the same. Even though Color Splash does improve the characters there mostly your everyday Mario characters and calling the Wii U a great system makes this even more of a joke.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm