The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Animated Star Fox Short Premieres April 20th at 6 pm EST, Star Fox Zero and Guard Treehouse Live After

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

star - Animated Star Fox Short Premieres April 20th at 6 pm EST, Star Fox Zero and Guard Treehouse Live After Empty Animated Star Fox Short Premieres April 20th at 6 pm EST, Star Fox Zero and Guard Treehouse Live After

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:12 am

Nintendo has confirmed that Shigeru Miyamoto has created a Star Fox animated short along with Production IG and WIT Studios, and it will be airing on Nintendo's twitch and YouTube channels, and at http://live.nintendo.com/ April 20th at 6 pm EST! Immediately after will be a Treehouse Live event with Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard.

This is awesome! I can't wait to see it, even if it turns out not that great. :p I still love Nintendo's animations like this (such as the Kid Icarus anime shorts and the Palutena reveal trailer for Smash, or even the Pikmin short films if you count them) I probably won't stick around for the Treehouse Live because I don't want to spoil too much, I've tried to avoid pretty much any info online about the games past the first 2 trailers (just to get an idea of what it'll be like, looks like a much improved Star Fox 64 with new features and areas) so I don't plan on watching them.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

star - Animated Star Fox Short Premieres April 20th at 6 pm EST, Star Fox Zero and Guard Treehouse Live After Empty Re: Animated Star Fox Short Premieres April 20th at 6 pm EST, Star Fox Zero and Guard Treehouse Live After

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Nintendo seems to be going all out with Star Fox Zero since they put money into a short. As for the Treehouse I will likely mostly be about Guard since Star Fox Zero is pretty short.

The short will be 15 minutes long.

Source

I'm guessing it will be a full mission then.

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

star - Animated Star Fox Short Premieres April 20th at 6 pm EST, Star Fox Zero and Guard Treehouse Live After Empty Re: Animated Star Fox Short Premieres April 20th at 6 pm EST, Star Fox Zero and Guard Treehouse Live After

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:17 pm

^ Yeah, I wonder if they really are going for a full reboot of the franchise here. I thought the fact that it's still a Wii U exclusive meant they were kind of brushing it off, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. They really are hyping it up and promoting it in a lot of different ways. I'm pretty excited.
    ZombieFish
    ZombieFish
    Waddle Dee
    Waddle Dee

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 88
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon

Post by ZombieFish Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Actually came on JUST cause I heard this news, I'm so pumped! Can't believe they're doing it. Now I want more anime from Nintendo. They obviously want to do it so much so come on and give us that Zelda anime Nintendo please. Neutral
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:40 pm

^ I really wouldn't be surprised considering how much they've been doing lately, and the fact that My Nintendo works with movie tickets, etc. so they're clearly working on more projects like this as well. My guess is that this along with the Kid Icarus anime and Pikmin shorts are to test the waters for bigger projects similar to them.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:54 am

I'm definitely excited to see the animated Star Fox short. Lengthy too. I think it will be an original story, where the team goes on a mission not seen in the game. I'm not interested in the Treehouse stream after, I want to see everything in the game myself first when I play it. Especially the begging. The same for Guard. It would ruin that magical feeling when you first start a game up.

AeroFish wrote:Now I want more anime from Nintendo. They obviously want to do it so much so come on and give us that Zelda anime Nintendo please. star - Animated Star Fox Short Premieres April 20th at 6 pm EST, Star Fox Zero and Guard Treehouse Live After Icon_neutral

I would love a Zelda anime. I hope they make one someday. I think the animated Star Fox short may mean they will make more for other Nintendo franchises. I'm sure Zelda would be included.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:36 pm

The live stream starts in 25 minutes! Just in case anyone's on and forgot the time. You can watch it here.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Here is the video.

The voice acting was spot on and we finally see what the minor characters look like in the Star Fox world. It also ended on a cliffhanger so maybe there will be a part 2 at some point?
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:58 pm

I liked it! The voice acting was good, the animation style was okay, and overall it was pretty fun to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do a part 2 eventually, especially with the cliffhanger ending. We may see one soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 pm