The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Splatfest #15

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Splatfest #15 Empty Splatfest #15

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:23 pm

The next Splatfest for North America has been confirmed for next Saturday, Early Birds vs. Night Owls.

I'm excited for this, definitely going with Night Owls. I definitely much prefer the night to day, and I never wake up early unless necessary for rehearsals, etc.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Splatfest #15 Empty Re: Splatfest #15

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:16 pm

I'm going with Night Owls since I also enjoy night time more. With that said I feel like day time will end up wining since most people like night time better.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:38 am

This Splatfest was.. interesting. I sided with team Night Owl, I expected a ton of matches against other Night Owls and it didn't fail to throw a ton of Night Owls against each other. I managed to get the Royalty rank a few minutes before the Splatfest ended, that was close. I didn't expect it to take so long. I had massive losing streaks and some wins here or there. I had some great teammates and some that didn't do as well. There were times where I covered over 1200 points worth of turf and my team still lost unfortunately. Still fun though.

I definitely feel the Octobrush buff, it's noticeable after having so much playtime with it and the Nouveau. I survived very strange situations like escaping a suction bomb rush while getting chased by another opponent. Very exciting moments.

I noticed there were a large amount of players wearing the Skull Bandana. Is this a result from the recent patch? Something that makes special saver more desired like the patch increased special depletion? I use it, I really like the design and black color. There was also large number of Octobrushes and Inkbrushes, I can see why usage has gone up. I rarely saw another Octobrush before but now I ended up in a team of three earlier.

The strangest thing was when I encountered another player that seemed to have modified their Wii U. Everything was normal, except the opponent's ink color, it was blood red. I'm pretty sure I didn't mistake it for the usual hot pink that shows up in matches with against the same Splatfest team.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:32 am

Tea Night Owl wins!

Splatfest #15 Cl2-MbiVYAQo3S7

I have to give Team Early Bird credit for trying there beast. With that said it was pretty clear that Night Owl would win.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:54 am

I'm not surprised that Night Owls won in popularity. There was just so many Night Owl vs Night Owl battles. It's crazy how high their popularity is. I like how the wins were very close. Their massive popularity really gave them more points. Both teams were really fierce in the battles. Good job to both teams.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:01 am

Woo! I also went with Team Night Owl, and there were an absolute ton of matches against the same team. More than any other Splatfest prior. I have to note that I only even managed to play around 4 matches total with Team Early Bird despite how many matches I ended up playing. I did win those 4 if I'm remembering correctly, but in every other Splatfest a huge majority of the matches were against the other team...this just shows how insanely popular Team Night Owl really was, that's a very high percentage.

And that's really interesting @SirFrozenFairy, although I haven't noticed many Skull Bandanas lately so it must just be a coincidence. I can't remember what my set for it was, maybe I'll wear it again too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 am