The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Do you consider the Game Boy Color a successor to the original?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Do you consider the Game Boy Color a successor to the original? Empty Do you consider the Game Boy Color a successor to the original?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:35 am

I saw someone asking this at one point somewhere else, and I was thinking about it, and it really is interesting to think about. Would you consider the Game Boy Color a full on successor to the original Game Boy Color? Or more of an upgrade?

I think it was originally released to be a semi-successor like the more recent DSi or New 3DS, but in the end became more of its own separate platform with lots of exclusive games being released to it. I really think they were probably focused on Game Boy Advance at the time and knew it'd still be a few years off, Game Boy sales were probably slowing down so they wanted something to release in between, and it just became so popular that they ended up releasing a ton of exclusive games for it as if it were a new console.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Do you consider the Game Boy Color a successor to the original? Empty Re: Do you consider the Game Boy Color a successor to the original?

Post by TheFrozenFairy Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:55 pm

Good question. I consider the Game Boy Color more of an upgrade to the original because it was just mostly a color upgrade. It may have had a ton of exclusives but it's not too different from each other, like the design. I believe the color only had the addition of color as a new feature. It's more like the DSi and New 3DS than the Advance and DS. I think the successor to the Game Boy is the Game Boy Advance which really set it apart from the original and color.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Do you consider the Game Boy Color a successor to the original? Empty Re: Do you consider the Game Boy Color a successor to the original?

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:08 pm

I also think it's more of an update since it's still using the Gameboy name and it was just color added into the games really.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm