The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

[RUMOR] NX is a Handheld Portable Console, Info Coming in September

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] NX is a Handheld Portable Console, Info Coming in September Empty [RUMOR] NX is a Handheld Portable Console, Info Coming in September

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:40 pm

So this info is coming from Eurogamer, whose sources state that NX is actually a handheld console with detachable controllers. It will be a very high powered handheld, with 2 controller settings on the sides of the screen. It will use cartridges, with a recommended 32 GB size. (slightly bigger than the average Wii U game disc) Here's some of the bulleted info from the article:

- The Nintendo NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers.

- Will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. The screen has two controller sections on the sides, which can be attached or detached.

- Nvidia's Tegra mobile processor will serve as the machine's centerpiece.

- The NX will use game cartridges instead of discs.

- Nintendo recommends using 32 GB cartridges for game releases on the system.

- Due to the drastic change in hardware design, there are currently no plans for backwards compatibility.

- The NX will NOT be running on Android.

- Nintendo plans to officially reveal NX information in September.

- Due to the previous confusion with the Wii U's promotion, Nintendo wishes to take a more simple approach to advertising the NX by simply stating that "you can take your games with you on the go."

Now this is a REALLY interesting rumor right here. I honestly don't know what to take it as. September definitely seems like the time Nintendo has been planning for the reveal and what I'm expecting, and the cartridges make sense for sure, but everything else is kind of unlike any of the other NX rumors which is refreshing and also makes this more reliable. I don't really know what to think. It seems interesting.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

[RUMOR] NX is a Handheld Portable Console, Info Coming in September Empty Re: [RUMOR] NX is a Handheld Portable Console, Info Coming in September

Post by queenzelda Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:22 pm

This is also the same rumor that was posted sometime ago, that the NX is a cartridge based console. While this one says the cartridge based system rumored & the hand held system: are one in the same.

Honestly, it'd be interesting if it's true.. And if it's true I hope to gawd it's backwards compatible with 3DS titles. (As Yami has already stated.)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] NX is a Handheld Portable Console, Info Coming in September Empty Re: [RUMOR] NX is a Handheld Portable Console, Info Coming in September

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:49 pm

^ It's definitely in line with those same rumors but gives a lot more info and detail about it. I also missed and forgot to mention that it would be able to connect to your TV to play games in full screen mode. (meaning it would also be replacing home consoles for Nintendo) It's a really interesting rumor but I'd really like to see the official reveal. Even if this is true I feel like the official reveal would clear up a lot of things that seem strange about this.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:31 pm

Sadly it seems like Nintendo is giving up on the home console market if this is true. While it would be nice to play the handheld on the tv it just seems like the handheld part will be the main unit that you can change around when your at home or on the go. I'm thinking this might be fake though since Reggie did say that NX was a console a while back in a interview and 3DS software would be a bit lower of the handheld was also on it's way out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 am