The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

PS4 Pro

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

PS4 Pro Empty PS4 Pro

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:14 pm

The PlayStation 4 Pro has been confirmed for a November 2016 release, with a $399.99 price tag. It has, as previously known, 4K support and improved technical aspects, and some games will run better on the console.

With PlayStation 4 Pro our goal is to deliver innovation in the form of cutting-edge visuals and graphics while in the midst of the PS4’s lifecycle. PS4 Pro, which launches November 10, 2016, for a suggested retail price of $399.99, enhances PS4 games by supporting the latest in imaging technology through 4K resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR), as well as smoother frame rates. Games that already look extraordinary on PS4 will look richer and more detailed, thanks to the more powerful GPU and faster CPU at the heart of PS4 Pro.

With more pixels, 4K’s higher resolution delivers graphics that are sharper and have greater detail than ever imagined. HDR enables visuals to look much closer to the way your eyes see the real world.

Some developers are updating previously launched PS4 games to add PS4 Pro support, while other developers are building PS4 Pro support into upcoming releases. At launch, you’ll be able to download patches for games – such as Uncharted 4 – which are enhanced when playing on the new console. Future releases that will have PS4 Pro enhancements built-in include Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Days Gone.

However, even if you own an HDTV that does not support either 4K or HDR, PS4 Pro still provides a number of benefits. All games will run in 1080p resolution, and some will even run in a higher or more stable framerate. If you’re a gamer that wants to be at the forefront of innovation, PS4 Pro is for you.

So basically you're paying way more for the same console with just very slightly improved visuals and framerate and nothing else? Such an amazing change wow.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

PS4 Pro Empty Re: PS4 Pro

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 pm

I will just stick with the regular version since I don't have one of those 4K TV sets.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:13 pm

Oh yea, to add insult to injury you can't play 4K blu-ray DVD's from it either, which has a lot of people looking to get the Xbox One's S version alternatively.

I don't plan to get a PS4 Pro any time soon. Or probably ever. I'm happy with the PS4 I bought & it will work just fine with the games that release to it. I'll wait for the PS5 to drop otherwise. xp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 am