The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
The Shattered Legacy
TheFrozenFairy
Marowak
Polar
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
11 posters

Splatoon 2

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Splatoon 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Splatoon 2

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun May 07, 2017 10:51 pm

I'm glad the rotations are only 2 hours now. It does suck though how the number has not been changed to 3 stages per rotation and that you still can't change your weapon in the lobby.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 08, 2017 11:11 pm

Chapter 4 is now live.

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/#chapter-4

Nice to know that Annie and Sheldon return and it seems like you might be able to edit how your weapons look now.

Chapter 5 is now live.

Squid Sisters Stories Website wrote:Marie was packing clothes into her suitcase. She was getting ready for a trip home to Calamari County. The trip had come about somewhat suddenly thanks to finding herself with a rare three days off in a row! Rehearsals for her new show were scheduled to start after this, and she knew she wouldn't have time off again for a while. Her manager suggested some R&R would do her good, and sent her on her way.
    Marie had invited Callie to join her, but Callie had an appointment she couldn't miss that day. So Marie decided to head out right away by herself so as not to waste her short vacation. Callie saw her off at the station, promising to catch up with Marie the following day. The train to Calamari County takes three and a half hours from Inkopolis, not an epic journey in the grand scheme of things. Still, without Callie by her side, Marie felt lonely, and the minutes ticked by interminably.
    Marie hadn't been home in quite some time, and her parents were overjoyed to see her. They sat on the porch together, basking in the sun and whiling the day away as Marie told them all about her latest exploits in Inkopolis. She was reminded just how much she loved the place where she'd grown up. Compared to the hustle and bustle of the city, there might not be much happening, but the flow of time felt different here—it felt right. Marie took in a deep breath of fresh air, exhaled, and felt her worries and cares float away.
    From time to time as she spoke, Marie's parents interjected with questions about Callie. Each time Marie replied that yes, of course, Callie was doing fine. But with each question she winced inwardly, as if pricked by an unseen needle.
    "We're both just really busy with our own things, you know?"
    As she struggled to answer her parents' questions in an upbeat fashion, she was struck by the realization that she really didn't know how Callie was doing at all.
    But Callie would be coming the next day, she reminded herself, and one look at her face would quickly dispel these nagging feelings of guilt. Marie went to bed and waited for morning to arrive…

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/#chapter-5
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Fri May 12, 2017 11:46 pm

^ the stealth update because of double post risk

I'm hearing a lot of discussion suggesting that one of the sisters is going to vanish in less than pleasant circumstances... eep.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue May 16, 2017 2:30 am

Here's chapter 6.

Squid Sisters Stories Website wrote:The next day found Marie waiting at the station for Callie's arrival. When the train pulled in, though, Callie wasn't on board.
    "I bet she totally overslept again," Marie thought as she settled in to wait for the next train.
    Callie was not on the next train though, nor the one after that, or the one after that. Night fell and there was still no sign of her.
    Marie called Callie's office and was told that she'd headed straight home from work the previous evening.
    "She seemed a bit flustered, but I figured she was just in a hurry to get back to Calamari County," Callie's manager said.
    Marie tried their apartment several times, but no one picked up. Marie began to feel panic rising in her chest.
    The following morning, Marie cut her trip short and returned to Inkopolis on the first train of the day. She hated to leave her parents so suddenly but couldn't shake feeling worried about Callie. Plagued by a sense of unease, she spent the whole trip on her phone, searching for some clue as to Callie's whereabouts. Her efforts failed to turn up anything to calm her fears.
    When she arrived in Inkopolis, Marie headed straight for their apartment. The place looked exactly as she'd left it. In fact, there was no sign Callie had been home at all since Marie left for her trip. But if she hadn't come home, where could she have gone? After giving it some thought, Marie got an idea and hurried out of the apartment.

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/#chapter-6

I'm guessing the Octolings kidnapped Callie just as she was able to head home.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed May 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Here's a new trailer showing off the single player mode. Nintendo will also release a new Pro Controller, Switch case and Joy-Con set for Splatoon 2.

Splatoon 2 - Page 4 DAD_JOLW0AIO8gq

Splatoon 2 - Page 4 DAD_N8bXUAADFHt

As expected Marie is the single player guide and it looks like Callie has turned to the dark side.

Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Bossblitz88 Wed May 17, 2017 7:29 pm

I'm through the roof and beyond ecstatic for this game. PINK AND GREEN AND JOYCONS, PRO CONTROLLER, AND CASE!? AND A BUNDLE!? I really really really need all of this. NOT TO MENTION the amazing the single player trailer. It feels just like I did when the first Splatoon's single player trailer came out. This direct reignited my love for Splatoon and MARIE.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed May 17, 2017 9:58 pm

^ Although I am VERY excited for this game I have to say this trailer didn't really hype me up as much as the single player trailer for the original. I honestly expected to see a bit more going on, but it does still look wacky and fun, and the fact that you can use all of the different weapon types in the campaign is really cool.

Now if that Switch bundle would just come to NA I could preorder it RIGHT NOW. :p
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Fri May 19, 2017 9:01 am

I'm missing the part where Callie's obviously turned to the Octarian side? (Is it in images or anything else?) oops totally mistook Callie's glasses and hair as some sort of octopus pirate skull thing

Trailer was really good though and Marie's reaction to the new Inkling not knowing anything about Squid Sisters XD;

Carrying case is a stylish statement there and more joycon colors (now sell a reverse color set for same color joycon fanatics)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat May 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Here's some more details on the story mode.

Marie is agent 2 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon
    - she is keeping a close watch on the Octarians while Cap’n Cuttlefish is away
    - agent 4 does not know of the Squid Sisters
    - Ammo Knights’s shop manager Sheldon will support you.
    - some of the weapons might be exclusive to Hero Mode
    - you might be able to use other weapons from Hero Mode in multiplayer if you fulfill a certain objective
    - this could be related to how many eggs are collected while using the weapon
    -Sheldon is renting weapons out in order to conduct some tests to obtain authorization for field use
    - new enemies, including the Octoppelin and Octostrike

Source

So it looks like Cuttlefish is on vocation and it looks like some weapons might be a pain to unlock.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun May 21, 2017 9:51 am

Some of the weapons might be exclusive to Hero Mode? That's interesting, it makes it sound like they're really focused on this single player campaign this time around. If they're making that much content only available there it must be a bigger mode than in the first game. I'm also interested to see who agent 4 is.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Sun May 21, 2017 11:28 am

Zero Revolution wrote:I'm also interested to see who agent 4 is.

Isn't Agent 4 just the playable Inkling in Splat2n's story mode given that the original's PC was Agent 3?
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sun May 21, 2017 11:47 am

The Shattered Legacy wrote:
    Zero Revolution wrote:I'm also interested to see who agent 4 is.

Isn't Agent 4 just the playable Inkling in Splat2n's story mode given that the original's PC was Agent 3?
    - agent 4 does not know of the Squid Sisters 

I think with the trailer and that bullet, that's a very safe assumption.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 22, 2017 11:33 am

Oh yeah. You guys are definitely right. Now I'm a little disappointed because I was excited to see who this other agent was lol.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:31 am

All of the ranked modes from the original Splatoon return, with a few changes:

[quote] Just in, new details of the Ranked Battle modes in Splatoon 2. Splat Zones is a mode in which teams compete for control of areas known as, you guessed it…Splat Zones. If the other team gains control of a zone, cover it in your team’s ink to steal it back! While the rules haven’t changed from the original Splatoon game, the zone coverage status in the middle of the UI now provides more real-time updates.

In Tower Control mode, teams battle to move a tower deep into enemy territory. As the tower moves along its set path, it passes through a number of checkpoints and–this is key–stops at each checkpoint for a bit before moving on. We’ve deduced that once a team clears a checkpoint, they’ll be able to pass through it again without stopping. Teamwork is key to victory—make no mistake about it!

In Rainmaker, opposing teams battle for control of the Rainmaker, a powerful weapon lying in the center of the stage. Whichever team succeeds in carrying the Rainmaker to the pedestal located in the opposing team’s base will taste the sweet nectar of victory. If you charge the Rainmaker up all the way, the shots it fires will explode when they reach their target! In Rainmaker, the best defense is a good offense, so don’t hold back! [quote]

I LOVE the changes they're making to these modes, especially in Tower Control. They had a similar system in the original where it would go slightly faster if you had already passed through that point, but not that many people knew about it and it just barely made any difference. I think the checkpoints are gonna work way better. I also love having the real time ink coverage of the zones in Splat Zones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 am