The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
The Shattered Legacy
TheFrozenFairy
Marowak
Polar
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
11 posters

Splatoon 2

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Splatoon 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Splatoon 2

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:00 am

The next Splatfest is Sci-Fifi vs Fantasy and the Inkbrush Nouveau is now live.

I'm team Fantasy for sure due to how much I like games and anime series.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:45 pm

TONS of new content is on the way to Splatoon 2!!!

Nov. 23 Update

Four New Battle Stages: While four new battle stages are coming to Splatoon 2, they won’t all be available immediately after downloading the update. Like with previous additions, the stages will roll out over the subsequent weeks, giving players new surprises as they play throughout the holiday season and beyond. The first new battle stage, MakoMart, will be available to play on Black Friday, Nov. 24, with Shellendorf Institute, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall coming soon. The new MakoMart stage is a giant superstore-style stage, so what better time to play than on Black Friday! Shellendorf Institute is new to the series, while Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall are popular stages returning from the original Splatoongame.
    New Salmon Run Stage: Fan-favorite multiplayer mode* Salmon Run is getting a new stage. After downloading the update, Salmonid Smokeyard will be added to the stage rotation. In Salmonid Smokeyard, a wide gap on the beach divides two upper platforms, with fan lifts being the quickest way to traverse the two platforms. Teamwork is required to use the fan lifts effectively.
    New Gear: Approximately 140 pieces of gear are being added to Splatoon 2. These include shoes, headgear and clothes, like a motocross mask, and additional winter clothing (perfect for the cold weather!), as well as returning items from the original Splatoon game.
    New Battle Music: Two new bands have been gaining popularity in Inkopolis! The punk-flavored Bottom Feeders and classically trained avant-garde-style Ink Theory are contributing new songs to the already music-rich game.
    New Hairstyle: When customizing an Inkling, four new hairstyles will be available to choose from – two each for female and male characters.
    Higher Level Caps: Currently, players are maxed out at Level 50. After downloading the update, the new maximum level will be raised to 99. If players talk to Judd when they reach Level 99, they’ll have the option to reset their level display to Level ★1 so they can continue raising their level.
    New amiibo Functionality: Tapping a compatible amiibo figure after the update will let players take and share in-game photos in preset locations in Battle Stages, in addition to being able to take photos in Inkopolis Square. Players can also add fun filters to their images.
    Convenient Gear Swapping: Players that want to change gear between battles in Regular Battle, Ranked Battle and Splatfest Battle (Solo) won’t have to exit to the lobby anymore! After downloading the update, gear can be swapped out without leaving the match room, making it quicker to get back to splatting. For Regular Battle, this also means players can play the next battle with the same players.

Mid-December Update

Clam Blitz: In Clam Blitz, competing Inklings are tasked with collecting clams scattered around the stage. After one is picked up, the clam follows the player. The objective is to throw the clam into the basket near the opponent’s base. The first team to score 100 points wins! But, of course, this being the fiercely competitive world of Splatoon 2, things are not as easy as they seem. The baskets are protected by a barrier, which much be destroyed first. After collecting 10 clams, the player will earn a Power Clam. These super-powered clams are the key to breaking the barrier, so strategy will definitely be involved in which clams are used to destroy the barrier and which are used to earn points. Not to mention the extra-satisfying opportunity to steal opponents’ clams by splatting them…

I am SUPER excited! The new stages sound very interesting, not to mention the two stages I wanted to return from the first game are the ones they chose to bring back next! And Clam Blitz sounds amazing!

EDIT:

New music from the newest band the Bottom Feeders is coming soon to Splatoon 2!

This is way different than anything we've heard in the series before, I'm pretty excited! I'm going to guess we'll also be getting more new music whenever this comes out.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:54 pm

That's crazy if all 4 stages show up before Christmas. I like how there's basically no cap on the levels anymore, the gear, stages and the new ranked mode. The only thing I'm not that big on is the music.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 pm

The new mode Clam Blitz is now live and the next Splatfest will be Sweater vs Shocks.

I can't wait to try out the new mode soon and I'm Team Sweater due to always getting them for Christmas.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Walleye Warehouse will be avaible tomorrow.

Squidmas is happening with all of the things going on in Splatoon 2 this week and it's crazy how there will be 2 more stages before the end of the month.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 pm

So Clam Blitz is much more challenging than I had initially anticipated but I REALLY like it! It feels set apart quite a bit from the other ranked modes but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, it's just interesting to have a mode like that available. I haven't played much yet but so far I'm enjoying it a lot.

Also VERY happy to see my favorite map from the original game returning finally!
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 am

The next Splatfest will take place next Saturday and be Action vs Comedy.

I guess Action for me due to not being very big Comedy.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:49 pm

I went with comedy, mostly because I tend to do better with comedy as an actor than with any other genre, so it just kinda speaks to me.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:11 pm

The new Shellendorf stage will be available tomorrow night.

I expected them to bring back Arowana Mall first so this is a nice surprise and it's ready just in time for the Splatfest.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:35 pm

Arowana Mall has been added. 

Splatoon 2 - Page 8 DU_8DVcUQAEuUzp

This was one of my least favorite Splatoon 1 stages due to chargers just camping in the middle of the stage so I doubt I will like it in Splatoon 2. I'm predicting Flounder Heights to be the next stage based on files being found on it a few months ago.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:28 pm

I wasn't a HUGE fan of Arowana Mall in the original, but I do find myself wishing it was still there on occasion, so I'm actually quite looking forward to playing on it in Splatoon 2.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:40 pm

The next Splatfest Money vs Love.

So pretty much the same one reused from Splatoon 1 in Japan. I would be on Team love due to Money always being used for greed.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:38 pm

At the very least it isn't a repeat of another Splatfest that actually happened in NA. I don't thin I'll be able to compete in this one though.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 am

Pearl and Marine amiibo have been announced, a new stage Fried Makerel Stadium is coming and a new weapon the Dark Tetra Dualies.

This news sure came out of nowhere even if the off the hook amiibo where a sure thing at some point and the new stage looks cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:05 pm