The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[RUMOR] Codename Pokemon Stars well into development for the Nintendo Switch

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

[RUMOR] Codename Pokemon Stars well into development for the Nintendo Switch  Empty [RUMOR] Codename Pokemon Stars well into development for the Nintendo Switch

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:56 pm

It seems like a 3rd version of Pokemon Sun and Moon will be coming to the Switch next year.

This comes from an Eurogamer report...

- new version of Pokémon Sun and Moon will launch for Nintendo Switch
    - well into development
    - launch in 2017, and currently holds the codename of Pokémon Stars
    - first time we see the mainline Pokémon series spanning separate Nintendo consoles within the same generation of games
    - shared much of their development with their Switch bigger brother
    - Pokémon Stars is being developed by the Sun and Moon team at Game Freak
    - parallel development structure has allowed the work-in-progress Pokémon Stars to already feature working versions of Sun and Moon content
    - GameFreak largely paused work on the Switch version a couple of months ago to polish Sun and Moon in time
    - work on Stars will now resume with the development of features not found in the 3DS versions
    - Pokémon will be tradable between Sun/Moon and Stars via the Pokémon Box app
    - suggestion there will be more creatures to collect in the Switch version, although not all sources could confirm this
    - Switch version of Sun and Moon to feature the same map and the same art style, although be built using separate, higher-resolution assets
    - heard the game was initially a summer 2017 launch for Nintendo Switch, but has since been pushed back to later in the year

Source 1

Source 2

I'm not sure about this rumor being true or not. The main Pokemon games have always been exclusive to the handhelds and Gamefreak had trouble getting some things running on even the 3DS. With that said I guess the Switch could also count as a handheld and I'm guessing it might be a reason why there where not that many alolan formes and no new megas in the 3DS versions.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

[RUMOR] Codename Pokemon Stars well into development for the Nintendo Switch  Empty Re: [RUMOR] Codename Pokemon Stars well into development for the Nintendo Switch

Post by Nessness Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:51 am

Intresting. If this rumor is true, then it would be pretty wonderful to see the world of Pokemon in the Switch graphics.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

[RUMOR] Codename Pokemon Stars well into development for the Nintendo Switch  Empty Re: [RUMOR] Codename Pokemon Stars well into development for the Nintendo Switch

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:31 am

I'm just mainly interested in how this game is going to look, if it's using all new assets then clearly they're planning a pretty major upgrade from Sun/Moon at least visually. I definitely don't doubt this rumor just because we've heard similar things so much already.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:56 am

Eh, well see is my take. Even then I see no reason to get the Switch version even if new Poke's are introed. Unless there's a new area, extra story or something worth it I'll be fine with the 3DS vers for awhile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:57 am