The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Gatlinburg, TN on fire

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Gatlinburg, TN on fire Empty Gatlinburg, TN on fire

Post by queenzelda Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Usually once every other year my family & I will head to Gatlinburg, TN for a week's vacation. But we might have to miss going this year due to the fire that's consuming Gatlinburg, TN. The fire is still being fought, but it'll most likely affected our family's vacation plans to go there. I'm really hoping not, but with so may different sources saying so otherwise, I doubt we'll be heading there if the fire still isn't out or at the very least under control by next week.

Gatlinburg, TN news sources about the fire:
    1] http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/us/gatlinburg-tennessee-wildfire.html?_r=0
    2] http://abc7chicago.com/news/gatlinburg-fire-threatens-dollywood;-hundreds-of-buildings-burned-in-tennessee/1630273/http%3A%2F%2Fabc7chicago.com%2F1630273%2F
    3] (live feed of the fire) http://wate.com/2016/11/23/4-smokies-trails-again-closed-due-to-another-wildfire/
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Gatlinburg, TN on fire Empty Re: Gatlinburg, TN on fire

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Wow this is really horrible. Obviously there's going to be quite a bit of damage done, but hopefully it can be tamed to the point where it isn't as bad as it otherwise could be. I feel bad for everyone who lives there or in the area, that has to suck. :/
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:38 pm

I hope everyone stays safe with how big the fire is. As for your vacation I hope it does clear up so you are able to go even though it sometimes takes weeks to put out a fire.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Well my parents were able to get a hold of the people who rent out their chalet's & they're atmo just trying to assess the damage. We can't get there anyway because the mayor has asked every one to stay out. Only emergency vehicles can get in at this juncture anyway. So my mom suggested that we start looking into stay someplace else. So, since then I've been looking online for other vacations spots. Two idea's I've had so far have been Nashville, TN & Blue Ridge, GA. Both have a few places to rent for the time we would have spent in Gatlinburg, & either way either location would be fine with me. Atmo I'm unsure where we'll be headed; but she said she'd call me & we can talk it out tomorrow. I think right now she's waiting to hear back from the person she reserved the chalet through, so I'll probably be talking with her tomorrow on idea's for where we'll be going since going to Gatlinburg didn't work out due to the fire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am