The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

New characters that could be added to a Switch port?

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

characters - New characters that could be added to a Switch port? Empty New characters that could be added to a Switch port?

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:28 am

Today Liam Robertson reported that the rumored Smash Wii U port for the Switch will include new characters.

As we have seen with the Splatoon and Mario Kart Switch games Nintendo is just not porting games with nothing added. So here are 5 characters I could see Nintendo adding into the mix.

Ice Climbers: We know the team had them running on the Wii U version and there has been a large fan demand for there return. The Ice Climbers could also be the returning Melee character if the project is similar to the DLC project plan. With that said they might not be able to work in 8 player Smash and the focus for the port could just be on newcomers.

Inkling: With some kind of Splatoon game coming to the Switch it's no secret that Nintendo is trying to push the series hard. Even if it does not happen in a port  Inkling would likely be in the project plan for a Smash 7 if they could come up with a unique core that works in Smash.

Decidueye: Much like Greninja and Corrin we should expect at least one recent character to join the battle. the Rowlet line is the most popular starter line of Gen 7, Ash has a Rowlet in the anime and Decidueye could also promote Pokemon Stars. He also has a number of unique moves that could be used such as Leaf Blade, Brave Bird and Spirit Shackle.

A 3rd party character: Super Smash Bros is big when it comes to 3rd party characters in this current age. Possible picks include a Dragon Quest character, Felyne and Jibanyan due to being popular in Japan and having decent fanbases in the West.

Brawl Vet/ Ballot character: It would make sense to add Wolf or Snake back into the mix if there going for a nice balance of vets and newcomers. With that said we know the StarFox series might be on it's way to retirement and Sakurai might not want to deal with Konami after how they treated his friend Kojima like dirt. After Bayonetta was added as the Ballot winner we have no way of knowing who the next possible choice is even though K Rool or Dixie seem like some characters they got many votes in the west at least.
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

characters - New characters that could be added to a Switch port? Empty Re: New characters that could be added to a Switch port?

Post by Polar Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:20 am

I would love to see Wolf and Solid Snake make their comebacks.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

characters - New characters that could be added to a Switch port? Empty Re: New characters that could be added to a Switch port?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:20 am

Honestly as long as they add Inkling I'll be set, and that's also the most likely new character to be added just because of how popular Splatoon is. I do also think we could be seeing some of those characters that were originally rumored to have been in Smash Wii U/3DS though, and may have been removed due to time restraints or the fact that they couldn't run on 3DS. I think we might be getting Chorus Men and Ice Climbers. In addition, I could actually see us getting a new character from Monster Hunter, because the series has been huge on Nintendo platforms over the past few years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:24 am