The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
queenzelda
TheFrozenFairy
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
8 posters

ARMS

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

ARMS - Page 2 Empty Re: ARMS

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Turns out 4 more characters where shown in the ARMS gameplay so now the roster stands at 10 characters.

Seems like 3 robots and 1 other female character.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 am

Have a look at the latest character Helix.

I just like how wacky this character looks and his moveset looks nice.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:54 pm

I love how he can extend himself, that's a really weird character but I love the design and idea behind him. I feel like he's definitely one I'll end up using a lot.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:58 am

I'm kinda hoping Helix has low health to offset quite a flexible (hue) means of evading attacks

Now for the other 3 to be officially revealed...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun May 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Here's some info on the controls.

punches can be thrown using the triggers
    - the same can be done with two face buttons
    - jump and dash are mapped on to the other two face buttons
    - click the left stick to guard
    - left stick controls the angle of your punches, meaning you can't move in one direction and punch in the other
    - you can't strike at a different angle with your other hand until the first punch is fully extended, either.
    "The true feel of Arms comes when you're holding both Joy-Con controllers in the Thumbs-Up grip. You can throw punches from each hand with real precision as you dash or jump around, allowing for a lot more depth for your fighting style. It's possible to throw a straight punch as a feint for your first blow, then curve your second punch to where your opponent runs to. But Arms doesn't require you to use motion controls. I hope people will pick the playstyle that suits them." - Producer Kosuke Yabuki

Source

As expected the controls for the Pro controller sound worse and it really does seem like you have the best control of the match if your using 2 Joy-Cons over just 1 or the Pro.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun May 21, 2017 11:06 pm

The American version of the demo will have all 10 characters.

ARMS - Page 2 0QRy1eL

Very strange how Japan can only select from 7 out of the 10 characters while America and likely Europe get to pick from the whole roster.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 22, 2017 11:31 am

That's really strange, you'd think if anything Japan would have that option. Maybe that's why North America has some exclusive demo days.
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358

Post by Bossblitz88 Fri May 26, 2017 10:04 pm

So how was the testpunch for everyone? From what I saw online, a lot of people liked the game beside the volleyball mode and 3 player free-for-alls.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri May 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Well considering I don't own a Switch I did not take part in it, but I am wondering how many did. It's good to know that there's been mostly positive feedback, it's expected because the game does look pretty great.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri May 26, 2017 11:28 pm

I really enjoyed what I played outside of single player V-Ball and the 3 player free for all due to i t seeming more like 2 on 1. I played using a Joy-Con in each hand and the characters I enjoyed the most where Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Master Mummy and Mechanica.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:34 am

Here's an interview.

A portion of a Game Informer interview with producer Kosuke Yabuki and art director Masaaki Ishikawa...
    Game Informer: What did the earliest version of Arms look like?
    Kosuke Yabuki: Arms is one of the many prototypes of things. We’re always trying to make new things at Nintendo, and this is one of them. Initially it was a much more simple game with shorter characters who had devices attached to the ends of their hands, but even at the beginning, the camera was still behind the back of the character and that hasn’t changed. We were thinking when making a fighting game, it’s really important, the distance you have between you and your opponent, but it might be difficult to see that difference when the camera’s behind the back of the player. So, with these extending arms, we were working hard to see if there’s anything we could do – any sort of new ideas that we could do – to make that easier. And we officially kicked off the development of this project when we were looking at new techniques and strategies we could have with these extending arms.
    GI: In the fiction of Arms, can people elect to have extendable arms? Can they have surgery to do that? Or is just certain people have these arms?
    Ishikawa: Some parts of this are still secret. I can’t really tell you everything, but what I can say is it’s not something that they can elect for – not something that you would get surgery for, to replace your arms. It’s possible that some characters have had this since birth and it’s also possible that, for some characters it just suddenly...one day, they woke and were different. So, there are actually, really several different possibilities that could be the cause for this. So, aside from Helix, all the other characters like Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Min Min – these are just regular people with extendable arms and not cyborgs or anything like that.
    GI: You worked extensively on the Mario Kart series. Mario Kart is obviously a lot different from Arms, but I was wondering if there are any surprise lessons you brought over from Mario Kart into arms?
    Yabuki: For Mario Kart Wii we had the steering wheel attachment so players could use motion controls, but you could also play with the motion controller and more traditional controls so that really offered players the freedom to play however they wanted to in Mario Kart. For Arms, we kind of carried this lesson over. Motion controls are a big feature of this game, but players can still use pro controllers or traditional controls like in handheld and choose the way that they would like to play. That’s one of the lessons that we learned from Mario Kart.
    The motion controls in Arms actually allow for more fine controls; the two gyros allow for some fine adjustment of left and right on the punches that you can kind of use it to curve your punch. So when it really comes down to it, when you really don’t want to lose, we really feel that motion control offers more precise control than traditional controls. So, unlike any game before, we feel that the motion controls in Arms really allow for deeper technique and strategy than really any game before it with motion controls.
    GI: Twintelle has really taken off. What do you think of the fan community latching onto her?
    Yabuki: We weren’t really expecting the fans to be so taken with her, so that was a very pleasant surprise! And like I just mentioned, she has that really strong build to her and that seems to be something that the community has picked up on so I’m glad that we were able to create this new character design.

Source

I have to say this my favorite game with motion controls Nintendo has made and Twintellejust had that popular look so I have no idea why they where surprised about that.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Twintelle is just a fantastic character. But obviously they have no way of predicting who will become the most popular characters, they're biased in that they made the game and can't really view the characters the way customers will.

Also I love the way Nintendo creates their game worlds. They really act as if they actually exist and seem to have an answer for everything related to them. Specifically with Splatoon, but it looks like they're doing something similar with this game and I love it. They really just know how to build a world.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:36 am

A brand new stage Sky Arena in the final round of the ARMS Invitational.

The producer really played while in the extra round and the new stage looks nice.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:06 am

So that's just the stage for the final boss that was shown in the ARMS Direct right? Not actual new content coming. It does look nice though, I guess it's always good to have a basic stage in the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm