The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Polar
queenzelda
TheFrozenFairy
Marowak
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
10 posters

Super Mario Odyssey

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Mario - Super Mario Odyssey - Page 2 Empty Re: Super Mario Odyssey

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:21 am

Here's some more info from questions that have been answered over E3.

A portion of a Game Informer interview with director Kenta Motokura and producer Yoshiaki Koizumi...
    GI: Mario's new has is named Cappy, but where does he come from? He looks like a ghost or something, is that correct? Is he like a hat-spirit?
    Koizumi: We're not ready to reveal a lot of Cappy's backstory or secrets about that character, but he is going to be Mario's companion as he travels around all these different kingdoms in this title.
    GI: We also ran across Captain Toad in New Donk City, and it was fun to see him. It seems like you guys have a fondness for him as well. Do you hope to do more with him in the future as well?
    Motokura: Well I'd certainly be happy if you were looking forward to the possibility of a future Captain Toad game, but none we can mention just yet. But, Captain Toad is also an adventurer, so he will be wandering about in different kingdoms of Super Mario Odyssey.
    GI: Why does Mario want to stop the wedding between Peach and Bowser. Is he interested in Peach romantically, or does he have some other motives?
    Koizumi: I've always thought that Mario carries a bit of a torch for Peach. I think that's true even back in the 2D Mario games. If not, he wouldn't be wasting his time rescuing her over and over again.
    GI: Do you think Princess Peach feels the same way?
    Koizumi: The heart of a woman is a mystery.
    GI: In Super Mario Galaxy 2, there was a throwback Galaxy level that was a remake of a Nintendo 64 level. Will there be any throwback levels in Super Mario Odyssey?
    Motokura: We don't have any levels that are taken, let's say, specifically from something like Super Mario 64, but we do have elements in the game that will make the folks who played Super Mario 64 happy when they encounter them.
    When asked about the biggest challenge making Super Mario Odyssey, Koizume-san said the following.
    Biggest challenge has been that since it's 15 years since the last time we made a sandbox style Mario game, it felt completely different and new to come up with ideas that would work there. We had a lot of debate to decide if people would accept this kind of playstyle again. That was probably the biggest challenge for us.
    There was also a little insight into HD Rumble and amiibo functionality.
    We're working on lots of different HD Rumble integration, but on the showfloor players can feel the scooters rumble when you're driving that.
    Everytime you tap an amiibo you'll receive a costume and in-game assistance.
    Pauline was also a popular topic in her role as a musical mayor of New Donk City.
    As we were developing Pauline more as a character, we know that she was going to be interested in jazz. It was interesting for us to have the first song in a Mario game with vocals. Have you guys been finding yourself singing it?
    When we were deciding which Kingdoms to have in the game, we knew we wanted the city environment, and we wanted something that would have resonance with players. We knew that players know Pauline so we of course wanted to make her the mayor of New Donk City.
    It's important to note that thought they are called Kingdoms, they do not necessarily have royalty, and that's why she's the mayor.
    Koizume-san did also share a few personal insights, some more serious than others. For example he talked about his interest in high quality coffee.
    I'm very particular about my coffee. I buy my beans, I grind them. I weigh the grounds and measures the volume of water. The water cannot be too hot unless the coffee will become bitter, so I like to pour over using a long stemmed pouring kettle. It has to have a long, narrow pouring spout or too much water will come out at once.
    The whole thing has become a ritual for me, I really enjoy the good smell of the coffee as I make it.
    Then the big question - "Mr Koizumi, would you rather fight 1 horse sized duck or 100 duck sized horses?" - to which he replied...
    Horse sized duck. It looks really cute, and maybe if I feed it, it will let me ride it.

Nice to know that Captain Toad will be showing up in the other Kingdoms as while and I really do like how they brought back Pauline as a callback to the first Donkey Kong game.
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:28 am

GI: Do you think Princess Peach feels the same way? 

Koizumi: The heart of a woman is a mystery.
    Well, he's not wrong. 

Everything that just got showed off recently has definitely sold me. The game looks fantastic.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:16 am

While I also love the realistic theme of the game, what I am sold for is the return of the sand-box styled Mario 3D gameplay (like 64 and Sunshine, Galaxy games were slightly more on the linear side imo) I also like the overall story of Bowser trying to marry Peach, as it is hilarious. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:30 pm

Could there be a whole underwater kingdom in Super Mario Odyssey?

At first many though the underwater was just part of the e Cascade Kingdom. However the Cascade Kingdom has yellow power moon while this underwater Kingdom seems to have pink power moons.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:52 pm

It's certainly possible. While not entirely the same, it sort of reminds me of Tropical Freeze on Wii U where you had the whole world consisting of water levels. Obviously a little different being that here you'd be underwater the whole time, but I really enjoyed that world in DKCTF despite expecting it to be repetitive and boring. I think it could be similar here, sounds like a cool idea!
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:09 pm

It seems like Peach has her own version of Cappy.

Mario - Super Mario Odyssey - Page 2 Fpxcm1qW

Could this be an evil version or a counterpart to Cappy? I think Bowser will have a evil Cappy while the one Peach has is good and it might be the reason Cappy teams up with Mario in the first place.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:49 am

This just makes me wonder if Peach is actually being brainwashed in the game through this version of Cappy and that's how Bowser somehow convinces her to marry him.
    雪女
    Baby Yoshi
    Baby Yoshi

User Points : 4

Post by 雪女 Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:17 am

Zero Revolution wrote:This just makes me wonder if Peach is actually being brainwashed in the game through this version of Cappy and that's how Bowser somehow convinces her to marry him.
    From the pics she doesn't look too happy, so maybe just threatened into doing it? lol
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Here's the overview trailer.

Ao the Tiara is Cappy's sister, we get to see the Seaside Kingdom, Snow Kingdom and Mario can be shirtless.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Gameguy1996 wrote:...And Mario can be shirtless.
    Which apparently has broken twitter into a huge tweet storm about it. xD Personally, I'm like w/e. Anywho, I can't wait for SM:O to release since it's the main reason why I got my Switch early.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 pm

-BUMP- TOMORROW SM:O RELEASES!! CAN YOU FEEL THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:25 pm

I am ready to lose my life into the odyssey.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:38 pm

So far I'm pretty impressed.. Yet, it's kind of... Meh? I played some on it & I've found I'm just like 'eh, it's there wutever.' I don't want to go diving back in like I should with a game I WANT TO PLAY. With SM:O I'm just meh with it. At first it's cute awesome.. But over time it's just not as good as Galaxy or Sunshine. I know what I'm saying is BLASPHEMOUS but it's just how I feel atmo. *shrug* I'll keep going thou, I do want to beat it of course. ^^
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Here's an interesting post the Nintendo Treehouse made on their blog about localizing "Jump Up, Super Star" for the west. It's pretty cool to see their process, I had no idea they worked on that too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 am