The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Wii there be a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch?

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Mario - Wii there be a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch? Empty Wii there be a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch?

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:46 pm

It seems strange to even ask this question with how Mario Kart has been handled before the Switch era. However the team behind ARMS is mostly the team that has been working on Mario Kart for years and if the game blows up like Splatoon there are sure to be at least a few updates.  We also don't know if Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Nintendo's 1 Mario Kart for the Switch or not and how do you top a Mario Kart with 42 characters, 48 tracks, 5 battle modes, online and the most items to date? If you ask me Nintendo should just keep making DLC for Mario Kart 8 where they keep building on the game and it also lets most of the team work on other new projects like ARMS. On the other hand I understand that Nintendo will likely want to come out with a true new Mario Kart sooner rather then late with it being there best selling game series.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Mario - Wii there be a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch? Empty Re: Wii there be a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch?

Post by Marowak Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Hm, I would think there still will be, maybe a bit farther in. The only reason is because unless they plan on releasing more DLC or something for 8, then there isn't enough to state Deluxe as its own thing for a series like this. Though at the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see them claim Deluxe as the Switch's Mario Kart. And I do agree with you that I would rather see them build up more for 8, especially since it already has so much brought over, but if they were able to top it, then I'd want to see how.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Mario - Wii there be a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch? Empty Re: Wii there be a Mario Kart 9 on the Switch?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:00 am

I think it depends on exactly what type of Mario Kart game. I can totally see there being a Mario Kart down the line that's more of a spin-off than a full new game, or a "new way" to play Mario Kart. It's also possible we could finally be seeing Super Smash Kart in a few years.

I do think right now the team's main focus is ARMS, like you said it could blow up like Splatoon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:21 am