The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
queenzelda
7 posters

Queen's random blogness: the return 2017

The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Queen's random blogness: the return 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Queen's random blogness: the return 2017

Post by The Shattered Legacy Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:30 am

queenzelda wrote:
    SirFrozenFairy wrote:I was wondering why that was. Must have been some reason but I never thought to question it.
    Well tbh I feel that this forum is loosing too many members & it's gotten down to a very few of us. So I thought I'd demonstration that even if I don't show up online that I still come on & post as often as I can that maybe more members would do the same. But deep down, I often wonder how much longer this place has. I mean Zero is so busy with his theater group that I'm a bit scared that he'll forget about this place & we'll all be left with an adminless forum & that my friend is no fun. I've seen it happen way too often being on forumz over the years & I'd really hate to see that happen here. :/

Gameguy1996 wrote:I'm guessing not that many members pay attention to the hidden list.
    My guess is no, probably not.

A bit late here (given I've only just suddenly decided to post here again), but wouldn't hiding but still posting make the general user think there's actually less people on? idk it didn't make much sense in my head either

And I've had experience with ghost forums quite a few times in my online life; not fun. Can't see here ending up like that but I do think Zero needs a contingency in case he does forget

Also, isn't the point of being hidden to be, well, hidden? XD

queenzelda wrote:Well the video out I can see since it is an older console. The Xbox 360 controller just upsets me since it's barely 2 years old. Jing said he can fix it for me, so that'll be nice. :3

That really sucks, you would've thought controllers in this day and age wouldn't break/fail so easily but at the same time things like whitegoods seem to be manufactured to just fail after their (rather short) warranty period so :L
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Queen's random blogness: the return 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Queen's random blogness: the return 2017

Post by queenzelda Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:13 pm

The Shattered Legacy wrote:A bit late here (given I've only just suddenly decided to post here again), but wouldn't hiding but still posting make the general user think there's actually less people on? Idk it didn't make much sense in my head either.
    My thought was to get guests & users alike to think. 'Why is this person who I see posting not showing up on the recently here list?' kind of thing. Though I guess I'm probably overthinking the concept that I came up with. tongue

The Shattered Legacy wrote:Also, isn't the point of being hidden to be, well, hidden? XD
    Maybe, but I'd like to think that some one out there is asking the question; "Why?" or "Hey, they don't show up online yet I see them posting in a thread maybe I should do the same (or join & ask them what's going on)." But as I said, I probably over thought things. I know I always wondered why some members hid themselves & wanted to know why but I'm probably one of those rare kinds of people who constantly question things.

The Shattered Legacy wrote:And I've had experience with ghost forums quite a few times in my online life; not fun. Can't see here ending up like that but I do think Zero needs a contingency in case he does forget.
    Like hiring another admin? Is the first thing to come to my mind. cat

The Shattered Legacy wrote:
    queenzelda wrote:Well the video out I can see since it is an older console. The Xbox 360 controller just upsets me since it's barely 2 years old. Jing said he can fix it for me, so that'll be nice. :3
    That really sucks, you would've thought controllers in this day and age wouldn't break/fail so easily but at the same time things like whitegoods seem to be manufactured to just fail after their (rather short) warranty period so :L
    My dad says that in this day & age everything is made to fail so that you have to go out & buy another one. (It's all about the money.)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:31 pm

[/moving on] On Friday I installed Kodi onto my windows 10 pc. What is Kodi? Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application. After I installed Kodi & after it's installed, I immediately added Exodus so that I could watch streaming content without the worry of popup ads trying to infect my pc with virus's. While browsing what to add onto the open source media, I saw a few people had made some apps (aka: repository) for Kodi so I decided that I'd look into how to build one myself. :3
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Sounds like a nice app with how bad pop ups can be on Windows at times.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:24 am

Are you using the Win10 computer as a means to project to home theater TV? Just reading the description for Kodi seems to suggest that's what the app is for but hell if I know I don't stream from my PC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Also why would Kodi be spamming popups (the bane of the internet era since forever... ugh)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:30 pm

The Shattered Legacy wrote:Are you using the Win10 computer as a means to project to home theater TV? Just reading the description for Kodi seems to suggest that's what the app is for but hell if I know I don't stream from my PC ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Also why would Kodi be spamming popups (the bane of the internet era since forever... ugh)
    I basically have my windows 10 pc installed to an HD tv, thus I suppose the answer would be yes I am streaming my computer to my television. XD And no, Kodi doesn't spam popups at all. Which is why I've been using it. :3

I only found out about it due to my parents who decided to invest in an andorid box since they were sick of popups from streaming sites. Nyan Cat
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:04 pm

Yea, pop ups from streaming sites have been a problem for a very long time so finding something that blocks that sh1t is nice. I'll have to look into Kodi myself. Very Happy
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:09 pm

Looks like I'm really close to catching up to Luma Party's post count. Atmo I have 7122 posts, while Luma had 7913. I'll have to make 791 posts before I'm able to catch up to where he was before he vanished into thin air. As according to Jing I'd have to post three times a day for EIGHT MONTH'S STARTING NEXT MONTH.

Ugh, I don't think I can do it captain! T_T
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:14 am

I'm sure you will pass Luma at some point unless he returns out of the blue.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:38 am

queenzelda wrote:Looks like I'm really close to catching up to Luma Party's post count. Atmo I have 7122 posts, while Luma had 7913. I'll have to make 791 posts before I'm able to catch up to where he was before he vanished into thin air. As according to Jing I'd have to post three times a day for EIGHT MONTH'S STARTING NEXT MONTH.

I'm on #TeamQueen cat

We'll do our best to give you an incentive to post more than just 3/day 8D"
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Gameguy1996 wrote:I'm sure you will pass Luma at some point unless he returns out of the blue.
    Well since his last visit was: [Wed] May 11, 2016 @7:46 pm I'd say that could be a possible outcome since some members tend to come back after a year or so when they go away for a long time.

The Shattered Legacy wrote:
    queenzelda wrote:Looks like I'm really close to catching up to Luma Party's post count. Atmo I have 7122 posts, while Luma had 7913. I'll have to make 791 posts before I'm able to catch up to where he was before he vanished into thin air. As according to Jing I'd have to post three times a day for EIGHT MONTH'S STARTING NEXT MONTH.

I'm on #TeamQueen cat

We'll do our best to give you an incentive to post more than just 3/day 8D"
    Woot! cheers

I just hope there's more 'good' Nintendo news to post on, the only thing I've heard since the NES Mini's cancellation is that the SNES mini is in the middle of being made atmo. Which will be a hit & you won't be able to find anywhere for sale. XD
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm guessing it will be pretty quite until E3 outside of a few indie games and Fire Emblem.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Post by The Shattered Legacy Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:31 am

queenzelda wrote:I just hope there's more 'good' Nintendo news to post on, the only thing I've heard since the NES Mini's cancellation is that the SNES mini is in the middle of being made atmo. Which will be a hit & you won't be able to find anywhere for sale. XD
    Let's hope that the SNES doesn't become so much of a hit that Ninty forgets to stock enough of it (but they probably will anyway and we have a repeat of the NES Mini drought... *groan*)

And yeah, more core Ninty stuff would be nice to hear about soon (probably E3 though like Gameguy said)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:45 pm

As of yesterday I was able to get a av out for my PS1 so I could play Suikoden so I'm a very happy camper since it works now. ^^ (Pic bellow for proof.)
    Queen's random blogness: the return 2017 - Page 3 18010527_1137677706336276_1002979763079295056_n

I kind of wish there were achievements for the older Suikoden games that were released via PSN VC, then I'd have a ton of them since I'd instead be replaying them via the PS3 instead. :< So I decided to come up with my own instead: because I can. ^^

Okay, so far here are the achievements for Suikoden 1 that I came up with:

1st award: Leknaat thinks your cute. "Really? I just came cause I was told to." XD
    2nd award: Survived the Ant Queen. "Thanks Ted."
    3rd award: Escaped from Gregminster. "Victor came to our rescue really."
    4th award: Rescued Varkas and Sydonia. "It was the right thing to do."
    5th award: Met Kage in Sarady. "The Liberation army's future now has some hope."
    6th award: Odessa it was an honor.. "This dream you started will never die."
    7th award: Got through Kwaba gates. "Shew, that was scary!"
    8th award: Declared leader of the Liberation Army. "Tir: I'll do my best."
    9th award: Got the Fortress in the Lake! "That dragon didn't know what hit it!"
    10th award: Helped the Elves. "We have to stop the burning mirror!"

-I might post more as I think of them, but these are the one's I came up with just on the fly. ^^V

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 am