The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Amazon's best selling game of 2017

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Amazon's best selling game of 2017 Empty Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Amazon's best selling game of 2017

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Seems like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is already the best selling game on Amazon in 2017.

Source

I recall quite a few people saying a port would not sell and It goes to show you to never doubt the sales of the Mario Kart series even if it's just a port.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Amazon's best selling game of 2017 Empty Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Amazon's best selling game of 2017

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:04 am

I'm not surprised. I think it's gonna end up selling better than the original Wii U version did to be honest. Pretty much everyone who didn't own a Wii U but bought a Switch are gonna end up buying this, and a lot of those who did will probably double dip because there's so much new content, especially if they didn't buy the DLC. (personally I don't really want it because I did get the DLC and battle mode isn't enough to warrant the $60 price tag for me)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Amazon's best selling game of 2017 Empty Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Amazon's best selling game of 2017

Post by Guest Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:51 am

I am one of the people in.that group who got a Switch and bought MK8D as I never did own a Wii U. So, you are probably right, Raz. If you had Amazon Prime you could have got 20% off if you pre-ordered MK8D.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:15 pm

I was hearing from lurking on places such as Neogaf (shudder) and Reddit that Amazon had the old problems with delays in shipping despite having guarantees for preorders arriving on the same day of the official release. Kinda poorly placed consumer trust if so.

But seeing MK8D beat BoTW and the other game on the Online store list is pretty good news for those worried about Switch software uptake and I guess indirectly Switch selling performance

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am