The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[RUMOR] Listing for new Mario and Luigi game found on 3DS eShop Title Database

The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

luigi - [RUMOR] Listing for new Mario and Luigi game found on 3DS eShop Title Database Empty [RUMOR] Listing for new Mario and Luigi game found on 3DS eShop Title Database

Post by The Shattered Legacy Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:20 am

This is actually pretty exciting if it's a return to the first game, but given that there's no other information it's a bit hard to tell if this would be just an HD port, a remake or an actual sequel of the series or the first game
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

luigi - [RUMOR] Listing for new Mario and Luigi game found on 3DS eShop Title Database Empty Re: [RUMOR] Listing for new Mario and Luigi game found on 3DS eShop Title Database

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:54 am

I'm guessing it will just be a remake of Superstar Saga with a few new areas and mini-games tossed in.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

luigi - [RUMOR] Listing for new Mario and Luigi game found on 3DS eShop Title Database Empty Re: [RUMOR] Listing for new Mario and Luigi game found on 3DS eShop Title Database

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:55 am

Okay I have to say that Superstar Saga is actually my least favorite game in the series. It was a great introduction and start, but I honestly feel like each game has improved on the last. (excluding Paper Jam which I've never played but have heard not so great things about) Even so, I do think it's a GBA must have and seeing an upgraded version is both really strange and awesome. If this ends up being legitimate and it's a full fledged remake, I definitely think this is one I'll be picking up.

What additions and changes do you guys think this would make?
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:15 pm

Superstar Saga is probably my third favorite in the series. Fawful and Cackletta made it especially enjoyable and I liked the Beanbean Kingdom and all the quirky characters. I don't think it's the weakest in the slightest. The Bros moves were the best.

Certainly interesting. I'd play it if it does happen. Very unexpected. I wouldn't have guessed a Mario and Luigi being remade.

Zero Revolution wrote:What additions and changes do you guys think this would make?

They'd probably balance the insanely overpowered mush badges, but then they'd have to make the beans no longer infinite so I don't see the point. I wouldn't mind the beans being limited now. Considering they like balancing things in their remakes judging by Majora's Mask 3D.

All versions might gain the heart blocks. I definitely see that. I hope they add hard mode and make it a series mainstay. Skipping the tutorials hopefully though the series is rather notorious for forced tutorials even near the end of the game (Looking at you Dream Team!).
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 01, 2017 4:52 am

The games full name is now Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions and based on the 3DS menu icon and name there's no doubt this is a remake.

Source

I'm thinking the minions can be summoned through cards or that there new Bros attacks.
    The Shattered Legacy
    The Shattered Legacy
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Keeper of Tasseled Lilies
    User Points : 244

Post by The Shattered Legacy Mon May 01, 2017 9:16 am

SciresM also said the Japanese title for this is essentially Mario and Luigi RPG 1 DX

If this explores post last Rookie battle and any other Bowser shenanigans (even a prequel section could work) without replacing the core Beanbean part then I'm sold, but at the same time we have to consider the generic Toad crap from the last few games lol

Cautiously excited for this even though it's my nostalgia glasses talking
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 01, 2017 3:38 pm

That title is making me wonder if the original characters from that game may be getting replaced with more generic characters, aka Bowser's minions. :/ I certainly hope that isn't the case as it would essentially ruin the entire game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 pm