The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Miiverse Ending on November 8th

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

miiverse - Miiverse Ending on November 8th Empty Miiverse Ending on November 8th

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:30 pm

While this seems to be pretty much set in stone I'm still marking it rumor just because Nintendo hasn't officially announced anything yet. It was found somewhere in the Wii U's system after the latest firmware update that this line of text was added:

"The Miiverse service has ended.
    Miiverse and any software features
    that make use of Miiverse are now
    unavailable."

So this is really sad. Honestly I don't even really get why they're ending it. The Miis are still a pretty big part of Nintendo, what with Miitopia releasing THIS MONTH on 3DS, them being at the forefront of My Nintendo (granted, My Nintendo really sucks, but still) and they have even been upgraded slightly on Switch. It seems so strange that a pretty cool Nintendo social network is just ending after a pretty nice run on 3DS/Wii U.

Also this means a whole lot of games will have some of the life sucked out of them, especially Splatoon where the whole network of the game revolved around it. Yes Splatoon 2 is out soon and has its own kind of replacement for Miiverse just for Splatoon but still feels odd.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

miiverse - Miiverse Ending on November 8th Empty Re: Miiverse Ending on November 8th

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:39 pm

I can see this happening due to Miiverse coasting Nintendo money to keep open and it seems like the mods never kept it family friendly. With that said My Nintendo having that log into Miiverse weekly option makes me kind of doubt there getting rid of all together. Maybe they can add the snapshot button to the 3DS and Wii U as while as a small replacement?
    Bossblitz88
    Bossblitz88
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Custom Title : Tøμс★Squad !
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 358

miiverse - Miiverse Ending on November 8th Empty Re: Miiverse Ending on November 8th

Post by Bossblitz88 Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm actually kind of surprised to say I will miss it. Granted the people in Miiverse weren't the best, but it was a place made by Nintendo specifically to talk about their games. You're not gonna get that with other social media. Also it's screenshot feature made it really easy to grab screenshots from games. It's gonna be depressing seeing a Miiverse button and knowing that it won't work ever again.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:18 am

^ Yeah I really do feel like it was a way to bring the Nintendo community together that hadn't really been done before. I just think it'll feel like the Wii U is empty without it because the hardware is just so built on Miiverse, the first thing you see when booting it up is Miiverse posts. 3DS wouldn't be affected as much because it was a late addition and it wasn't really built on Miiverse, that was Wii U's whole thing and so many games that included it will now have features that don't even work.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:29 am

Miiverse will be ending on November 8th.

Go Nintendo wrote:Nintendo has announced that it will close the Miiverse service on November 8, 2017. This includes the versions on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS as well as the dedicated web page. From that specific point in time, Miiverse features will become unusable in supported software titles. Messages, old or new, will no longer be displayed in those games either.

Source

While I do feel sorry for whoever used this I think nothing much will be lost if the 3DS gets an screenshot option and other games could always add something like the drawing thing in Splatoon 2.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:57 pm

I genuinely don't understand why they decided to discontinue Miiverse, it wasn't some revolutionary social network but it was a really cool way to tie the Nintendo community together, and it was used in a lot of really interesting ways. Not to mention it was pretty successful and frequently used to get information out there.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:24 pm

When the miiverse finally dies all over the globe I predict another resurgence in Nintendo based forum sites popping up again. :p
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am

^ Lol let's just bring them all back here!
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:^ Lol let's just bring them all back here!
    Yea, but not everyone on the miiverse is a member here. At least not yet. Razz
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:30 pm

In under just 5 days time, the miiverse will end. One thing I can say that I'll miss about the miiverse.. Is the ability to save images I uploaded via Art Academy to my computer & then upload to my deviantart page.

miiverse - Miiverse Ending on November 8th WVW69krSZUodSPsD2B
    queenzelda wrote:Miiverse: 2017 FOREVER. "1 thing I'll miss about the miiverse is being able to pick on the Nintendo Badge Arcade Bunny."

I'll also REALLY miss being able to pick on the Nintendo Badge Arcade Bunny too, cause it was a lot of fun picking on him. T^T Miiverse you shall be missed & will live on in my heart forever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am