The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

[RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval

Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12269

[RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval

Post by Gameguy1996 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 pm

The popular streaming service might be coming to the Switch sooner then we think.

This info comes straight from GoNintendo user KamehamehaX, and we're happy to bring it to you!
According to a Netflix customer service rep, Netflix is "locked and loaded" for Switch. Apparently Netflix has been trying to get permission to launch their app on Switch, and as soon as Nintendo gives the go-ahead, the app can be added to the eShop. As of right now, Netflix is just waiting for Nintendo to give the green light.
Obviously, we don't have confirmation from Nintendo on this, and I know some people don't believe customer service reps. We've certainly seen reps get info wrong before. Let's just hope this info is correct and the service will be added to Switch soon!

Source

The sooner this happens the better. My family pretty much only uses the old Wii as a Netflix player so this news could help factor in if we get a Switch for the living room sooner rather then later.

Thanks Zero Smile

Spoiler:

Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Re: [RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 pm

So it seems like it's more Nintendo not wanting apps like this on the Switch than developers not wanting to release their apps on Switch. I get that they want to focus on games, but it doesn't quite make sense to me that they want to do it like this. Especially when Netflix is complete.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!

Re: [RUMOR] Netflix customer service rep says Netflix is locked and loaded for Switch, awaiting Nintendo's approval

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 pm

It'd be better to do it sooner than later. 

I know they said they wanted to focus more on the gaming aspect of the Switch. It is, after all, a game console first and foremost. But c'mon. Stop being stubborn Nintendo.

You have Nico Nico for the JP eShop.
queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Trap Master of Light
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8393
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:35 pm

I wish they would. It's like I told Jing, I don't hardly play anything on my Switch save Octopath Traveler demo & a few rounds of Sonic Mania. It's be nice if I could watch some Netflix from my Switch. :/

Extra stuff:

One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:55 pm