The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie

Winters Thief Zero
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie Empty Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:35 pm

While we've heard many Nintendo movie related rumors in the past that haven't seemed to come true, I figure it's still interesting discussion when things like this come up. (because a lot of the time rumors are legit!) From what we hear from Wall Street Journal, Nintendo is teaming up with Illumination Entertainment to create a Super Mario movie.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Nintendo and Illumination Entertainment have been in talks about creating an animated Super Mario Bros. movie. Although most of the information is still currently under private discussion, Wall Street Journal claims that Nintendo wants to ensure that they will be actively involved with the creative process. Shigeru Miyamoto and Chris Meledandri will most likely be producers of the film. If the deal is settled, Illumination's Paris Studio, Mac Guff, would be the ones to be in charge of animation. Also, if the film were to be successful, Nintendo and Illumination would have interest in creating sequel films.

So this could be interesting. I'm glad that if this is true they'd be going with an animated film, because clearly Mario doesn't work well in live action from what we've seen in the past lol.

Last edited by Winters Thief Zero on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie Latest?cb=20150402015024 Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!
Gameguy1996
Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12800

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie Empty Re: Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie

Post by Gameguy1996 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm really not understanding the hate that Illumination is getting. Keep in mind there an US and it's unlikely Nintendo would work with there rivals in Sony Pictures and Disney. I would be more worried about Miyamoto being the director of the movie with how much he dislikes story in Mario games.

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie E2cfa20333eac11be12d6346e555946b-d3fkjaa

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie In-memoriam

Spoiler:

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie 2u886xc

Gameguy1996
Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12800

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie Empty Re: Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie

Post by Gameguy1996 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:36 pm

It's official the Mario movie will be co-produced by Miyamoto and Chris Meledandri. 

I just hope Miyamoto does not drag this movie down and I believe the movie will at least be decent unlike many who are doubting Illumination.

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie E2cfa20333eac11be12d6346e555946b-d3fkjaa

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie In-memoriam

Spoiler:

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie 2u886xc

Winters Thief Zero
Winters Thief Zero
Admin
Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:43 pm

Well, knowing the team behind the movie and knowing how well most video game based movies turn out (especially if it's based on something like this that can easily be made to be geared towards a younger audience) I'm not particularly excited. But it is a very interesting development, it shows Nintendo is branching out with their brands which is cool to see.

[16:15:57] PokeZone : Money is worthless to me.

[22:42:49] Luma Party : Night Luma

[22:02:34] SirFrozenFairy : Pillow Grandma turned into Punk Grandma?

[22:03:22] @ Luma Party : Punk Grandpa, her husband

Illumination and Nintendo Teaming up for Super Mario Movie Latest?cb=20150402015024 Official Inkling Squid

Go check out TNFS Battle Badge in Forum Stuff!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:10 pm