The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Kong - My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Empty My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:45 pm

With the release of the port of DKCTF I thought I would share my play-styles from least favorite to favorite.

Kong - My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 300px-Donkey_Kong_Artwork_%28alt%29_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze
    I get it DK is the main character of the series so it makes sense that he gets the most spotlight. With that said I found it pretty dumb how player 1 could only use him in multiplayer and his jumps feel like they have bit of delay to them. At least his roll is pretty powerful though and I'm glad Retro did not put him on the sidelines like Rare did after the first Country game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Kong - My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Empty Re: My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:36 pm

Kong - My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Latest?cb=20140308130147

Cranky Kong is your partner Kong if your looking for a challenge. With that said I never used him much due to how bad he is at platforming and he's just outclassed by the other kongs.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Kong - My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Empty Re: My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Kong - My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 300?cb=20140308130438

Funky Kong seems like the very easy mode due to being able to double jump, hover pull off rolls and he has no air meter in the water. With that said he's a speed runners dream and If I play the Switch version my first play-through will be with him.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:42 pm

Kong - My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 200px-DiddyReturns

While at least Diddy feels pretty balanced in some game. His jetpack gives decent control and he's pretty much normal mode. With that said he feels outclassed by one other kong.

Kong - My rankings Kong play-styles in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Latest?cb=20140308125256
    Dixie has the best control of any character and she is also pretty good at taking out enemies. Her and Funky are sure to make a pretty broken team in the multiplayer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 am