The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Best Buy GCU program has been cancelled

Gameguy1996
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12546

Best Buy GCU program has been cancelled

Post by Gameguy1996 on Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 pm

Looking to get some great savings on games? While it looks like Best Buy will no longer offer the program to new members 
Nintendo Wire wrote:If you still love buying physical games and picking up your amiibo at a discount, there’s some sad news to report on regarding the last bastion of lower rates. Best Buy’s Gamers Club is no more, effective earlier today. Along with that means the end of Gamers Club Unlocked, the paid extra membership that gave you two years of a 20% cut on games, amiibo, and more for just $30.
The service is unavailable to purchase online or in-store, with signage to come down to try and wipe the service from their stores. For those who are currently members, you’ll still get your benefits until your membership expires at its natural date two years from your initial purchase.

Source

This sucks for me do to it being the way I bought games. At least I'm still able to use it until March 20th 2019 and then I will likely switch to Amazon;s decline of there 20% off if it's still a thing by then.

Thanks Zero Smile

Spoiler:

queenzelda
Lady Queen
Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8491
Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Re: Best Buy GCU program has been cancelled

Post by queenzelda on Sun May 20, 2018 7:27 pm

What's funny is that the people who worked at Best Buy used to try to 'sell' me on their GCU program which wouldn't be very worth while for me since I don't buy every game that comes out every month something releases. lol!

Extra stuff:

One day soon I shall surpass you Luma, I the Queen of Zelda do declare it so!!

Current date/time is Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:19 am