The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Link5009
Gengar
Marowak
Winters Thief Zero
Dark Jester
Gameguy1996
10 posters

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Page 4 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 pm

It'll more than likely be $300 since the price of the deluce set will be $300 at the time the bundle releases.

Also, I think the bundle also comes with a Ganon figurine.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - Page 4 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Post by queenzelda Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:30 am

Zero Revolution wrote:It'll more than likely be $300 since the price of the deluce set will be $300 at the time the bundle releases.

Also, I think the bundle also comes with a Ganon figurine.
    Looks to be the Legend of ZeldaHyrule Historia book to me..... Neutral
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:33 am

It is actually, but I had heard a Ganon figure also comes along with the bundle...maybe I'm completely wrong.

The Hyrule Historia book coming with it is cool though. If this is $300, then it's a really good deal.

EDIT: I was wrong, the Ganondorf figurine comes in a bundle with the game, not in the Wii U bundle.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Nintendo Australia has revealed that they currently have no plans to release The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD bundle in Australia.

So Australians can't purchase this...I honestly think that is a bad move, but I guess it's their choice, not mine. I would release it worldwide though.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:31 pm

You know what's funny? I'm glad I have my deluxe Wii U that way if I wanted to I can get the physical version of the game which has the figurine of Ganondorf in it. Which is way more awesome then just a lame download of the Hyrule book & the Zelda game. xp I would want the physical versions of BOTH but I'm an oddball.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:00 pm

I didn't know the actual game was a digital copy, that kinda sucks, I guess it's better than not having the game bundle at all though, it's still much less expensive.

It would be nice if there were an option to get a physical copy or digital with the Wii U.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:30 am

It had to be the digital copy because if they put the retail copy in there many people would be mad that have to want till the 6th to get there copy of the game. Nintendo did the same thing with the New Super Luigi U DLC and some people broke down and bought the digital copy over the retail copy.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:38 am

I guess that's true, since the downloadable version releases a few weeks before retail. I don't see why they don't just release the downloadable game and reatail game on the same day, maybe they're just trying to promote digital downloads more?
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:07 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:I guess that's true, since the downloadable version releases a few weeks before retail. I don't see why they don't just release the downloadable game and reatail game on the same day, maybe they're just trying to promote digital downloads more?
    Well duh of course they are! If Nintendo can sell digital copies to people at the same price of a retail game then OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO DO IT. They're only gaining more money & not loosing anything seeing as they don't loose any cost in making a case for the product, shipping, or anything of the like. All Nintendo has to do is give enough people who are impatient to download the digital version time & they'll be set. So of course they want more people to download games digitally as it doesn't cut into the cost of shipping out the game, the burning of the cd(blu ray?) for the game, or even the game case itself.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Here's a video from PAX which shows just a bit of footage from the game and a few people's opinions of it:

I agree that it does look amazing graphically, but I'm still not getting this due to already owning my Gamecube copy of it.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:46 pm

30 minutes of gameplay.
    Spoiler:
    The other day I was at this used game store and I saw the Gamecube disk of this game for $60 and it was scratched. Face Palm! 
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Eiji Aonuma wrote:When we were thinking about the new Zelda for Wii U, which is something we're actually working on, we needed to experiment with a variety of graphic styles and it was part of that process we took some existing Zelda games and made them HD just to see what would happen. In doing so we realized that the Wind Waker graphic style, the art style, really represented well on the Wii U given the graphic capabilities of the new system. It really brought that world to life.
    Skyward Sword would've looked AMAZING in HD, I would love that. If they ever do remake one of those games (which I hope they don't as I want a new Zelda game) I would hope to see Skyward Sword, as I really didn't like Twilight Princess.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Did you ever play Skyward Sword, because on a gameplay style it wasn't too different (unless you play the GC release) from that of Twilight Princess. I can honestly say that there's no need for a HD Skyward Sword, because graphics weren't really the problem people have.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:44 pm

I did play Skyward Sword (although I didn't finish the game as I was playing it when my Wii broke), it is similar, but much more enjoyable than Twilight Princess.

I think an HD Skyward Sword would be nice, not just for the graphics, but for different controls, those annoyed me a lot in the game. But again, I'd still prefer a new game to a remake, and I do think they've had plenty of Zelda remakes at this point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm