The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Gengar
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
7 posters

Mario Golf World Tour

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 Empty Re: Mario Golf World Tour

Post by Luma Party Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:46 am

I don't really care for that course much.
    The game still doesn't appeal to me as much.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:45 am

As it gets closer to release it's making me want to play it even more.

*sigh*

If they do put a Galaxy stage it'd be neat to see gravity mechanics.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Yeah the galaxy stage might be cool, and I have a feeling they'll add it due to the name being "world tour." That's probably why there's a water stage too.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Here's the video preview from GameXplain and the items trailer . Lastly here a picture of the character select screen.

Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 Mgwtcharacterselect

This game keeps looking better and I like how they added items like Mario.

Here's a list of characters who might be take one of the last 4 roster spots.

Birdo
    Petey
    Rosalina
    Luma
    Dry Bowser
    Metal Mario
    Wiggler
    Honey Queen
    Baby Mario
    Baby Peach
    a character that's never been playable before.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Have the items never been in Mario Golf before? I feel like they would've added them before World Tour, just to add something more to the game other than it being golf with Mario characters.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Actually, Raz. This is a 1st for MG. Mario items were never implemented.

Doing this certainly gives it more "pzazz" than prev. installments.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:34 pm

So basically the other games were just like any other golf game but with Mario characters? That seems strange, but alright.

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:08 pm

eShop description wrote:

Test your skills in a gauntlet of course challenges, play with friends locally (using emoticons to cheer them on), or take on players around the world in online real-time tournaments. Discover additional paid downloadable courses and participate in special trial tournaments.

The classic Toadstool and 64 courses would be cool to see as DLC and maybe even a Galaxy course if it does not make it into the full game.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:37 pm

^ If you go back and look at it now, Nintendo actually removed the DLC part of that description. I wonder if they're just not planning to have it anymore or what?
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:48 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:^ If you go back and look at it now, Nintendo actually removed the DLC part of that description. I wonder if they're just not planning to have it anymore or what?
    There likely going to talk about the DLC in a Nintendo Direct.

It seems like Toad might be playable, there's a DKC Returns course, Europe is getting a demo on Thursday and tons of new info on the single player modes.

Toad playable source

Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 640px-DKgolfcourse

Go Nintendo wrote:- in the Castle Club, there are 3 tournaments you can tackle
    - these tournaments feature 18 holes each
    - there are also shot challenges that include shooting, approaching and putting
    - there are also special challenges on the special themed Mario courses
    - doing well here lets you win a special costume that is only obtainable on that course
    - characters around the Castle Club will give you helpful hints/tips
    - unlock new pieces of clothing, balls, clubs and the coins needed to purchase them
    - buy items at the Boutique
    - items will decide how far you can swing, the sweet spot, and the amount control you have over the ball
    - outside of the Castle Club is a Mario Golf mode
    - this allows for Stroke Play, Match Play, Speed Golf and Point Play
    - this mode allows for options such as hole shuffle, number of holes, Coins, Items and Club Slots
    - the boomerang item makes shooting a certain angle easier
    - Club Slots lets you spin a wheel at the start of the round
    - the wheel picks which clubs you start with
    - Mario themed courses are added to the mix when unlocked through the Mario Golf mode
    - also includes a challenge mode where every course has ten challenges
    - challenges include going through rings, collecting a certain amount of coins, going for a certain stroke score, completing Point Challenges by using the Club Slots feature, and playing against computer opponents
    - defeat the computer to unlock the Star version of that characte
    - Daisy's Star option makes sure that you can shoot a solid 247 meters
    - completing challenges in groups of seven will unlock the special nine hole courses
    - first courses in Castle Club are the Forest Course, the tropical Seaside Course and a dangerous Mountain Course
    - Mario World Courses include Peach Gardens, which features heart-shaped bumpers, pink holes and the castle itself
    - Yoshi Lake has bouncy blocks and shallow water hazards
    - Wiggler Park shrinks you down in size and litters the course with giant Koopa Troopas, Goombas and Wigglers
    - Cheep Cheep Lagoon is an underwater stage. Over the ground, the ball can go a bit more sluggish, which is similar to the rain situations on other courses.
    - soundtrack includes remixes of Mario tunes and more

Go Nintendo wrote:Grab your clubs and bring fun to the fore in Mario Golf: World Tour on Nintendo 3DS family systems! Join Mario and friends for engrossing golf action on your own, or tee off with players from all over the world in thrilling online multiplayer matches. The Mario Golf series is known for combining deceptively deep golf gameplay with ideas you could only find in a Mario game, and Mario Golf: World Tour is no exception! Master a range of courses sure to test even the most experienced player. It's not all lush greens and blue skies though - take to the fairway on sandy shores, or shoot for the pin on courses inspired by the world of Mario!

I would like to see Toad playable but, I don't see it happening since he's always been the guy who guides the menus in Camelot's games and I don't they would be a hidden character on the box art. The DKCR course looks cool but, it should have been a DKCTF course and I hope that North America also gets the demo this week.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Paratroopa, Kamek, Toad and Birdo have been confirmed as playable characters according to Famitsu:

Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 L_534bbb1d7375e

I don't see why Paratroopa should be a playable character in any game, but whatever floats the devs' boat. XD It's nice to see the others though.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 pm

So much for the Galaxy course unless it's DLC along with some characters like Metal Mario, Dry Bowser, Rosalina and Petey.

It great to see that Camelot droped there grudge with Toad. As for Birdo I have never been a fan of her but, I know others like her. Kamek is decent and I think they only used Paratroopa since they made him playable for the first time in Mario Tennis 64.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Birdo and Paratroopa........
    That's sad.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Here's what Nintendo said about DLC, you can get nearly double the amount of content already available in the game just from DLC.

Nintendo PR Mail wrote:Nintendo is offering players the opportunity to nearly double the amount of content they can play in the Mario Golf: World Tour game, which launches May 2 for the portable Nintendo 3DS system. With 10 courses and 126 holes (an amount equivalent to previous games in the franchise), extensive multiplayer modes as well as regional and worldwide tournaments, the main game offers plenty of content for golf fans already. But players who can't get enough golf and want to expand their experiences can purchase up to a total of 108 new downloadable holes and additional Mushroom Kingdom golfers. The DLC opens up further challenging courses for players to enjoy as they test their skills (broadband Internet access is required).

"We're letting fans expand their experience with Mario Golf: World Tour," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "Some players might be content hitting the links on the numerous courses already included with the game, while others will appreciate the option of being able to add to their fairway fun with new courses and characters."

The downloadable content for the game will be released in three separate packs: the Mushroom Pack launching on May 2, the Flower Pack launching later in May and the Star Pack launching in June. Each pack includes two new 18-hole courses and a new playable character. Players will receive Toadette with the Mushroom Pack, Nabbit with the Flower Pack and Rosalina with the Star Pack.

Each pack will be available for $5.99 from Toad's Booth, which can be found in the main menu of the game. Mario Golf: World Tour owners who know they want to buy all three add-on packs can buy a Season Pass at a discounted rate of $14.99 starting May 2. Season Pass holders will get access to each new pack as it becomes available, and will receive a special bonus of Gold Mario as a playable character at the time of purchase. Gold Mario has a special Golden Flower shot that gains coins for every yard it travels. For those who purchase all three packs individually, Gold Mario will also be available once all packs have been released. Nintendo will also offer Trial Tournaments for consumers interested in trying out a sample of the downloadable courses before deciding to purchase. Consumers who own the game and download the Trial Pack will be able to participate in these online tournaments.

I'm not planning to get this so obviously I don't care. However, it does make me think they'll do something similar for Mario Kart 8 and include DLC like this, and I hope they do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 am