The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Soupy
Gengar
Marowak
Gameguy1996
8 posters

Paper Mario Sticker Star

paper - Paper Mario Sticker Star - Page 5 Empty Re: Paper Mario Sticker Star

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:22 pm

To think I bashed this game so badly before even playing it...

PM:SS certainly isn't the best PM in my view, but it wasn't all that bad. I'd put it on par with SPM because of two things. Story and gameplay. SPM wins story whilst PM:SS wins gameplay.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sat May 31, 2014 7:20 pm

I've been replaying this game & when it first released there was 0 miiverse for this title. Now with miiverse; for those interested: you can take in game pics while playing the game.

paper - Paper Mario Sticker Star - Page 5 ZlCfzR-7W5cSoqauAQ
    Just battled against the Gooper Blooper & I have to say that I love the music while battling against the boss. So awesome!! ^^V

paper - Paper Mario Sticker Star - Page 5 ZlCfzR-7mQUXFc8ME9
    TIME TO TURN UP THE VOLUME! Very Happy
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat May 31, 2014 10:53 pm

I've tried "replaying" (never finished it 100% before) this game multiple times but I still can't enjoy it much at all. I would hope that, if there is another Paper Mario title, that it's as good as the first two. It doesn't have to play like those ones, I just hope I can say it's a good game.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:52 pm

I really don't understand what's to not like about this game. I don't care that I don't have any one tagging along with Mario & the story & gameplay for what it is 'new & fresh' which is something I'd think that gamers would want in their games. =/ I guess I'll just never understand seeing as I personally enjoy this game probably more then most other PM fans have or will.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:09 pm

I personally don't enjoy this game for the idea of having to pick up attacks that have a one time use and then having to repick up more of them every time you get into a battle. I would've enjoyed it fine if it allowed you to use jump attack and hammer without having to get the stickers for basic attacks.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:08 pm

It's not that I don't like how they're changing it up. I think it's great that they're venturing out and trying new things, but in this instance I personally don't think it worked out well. It is just my opinion, but I hate the sticker idea, and don't want to have to go around peeling stickers off of walls to use as attacks. The bosses are also terrible due to needing to have a specific sticker to beat them, which also allows you to very easily beat the boss. (and in this sense all bosses are very similar) And in addition, the game is linear. (not in progression, but in that you just play through different levels rather than being able to explore a large world instead, like in all preceding Paper Mario titles)

But that's just my thoughts. I do think it's good that they tried to change things up, I just don't think the idea was very good.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Well as it is; I personally see this title as a separate version of the Paper Mario series in that it's the first in the series to appear on any handheld system. So personally: I wasn't expecting much. But from what is read from both comments; it seems that more was expected then this game delivered.

I don't mind going back for attacks, I find that it's fun to re-explore the area's that I found a few attack stickers in. I like being able to go to different area's & think it's an interesting concept. Personally, I like it for what it is since it's the first of the series to venture onto the handheld scene.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:48 am