The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
queenzelda
Polar
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
Luma Party
TheFrozenFairy
Marowak
11 posters

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 2 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:30 pm

According to Aonuma, it won't be the same kind of "open world" used in other recent games like Skyrim.

Since we're talking about open worlds, let's state upfront that we don't plan to have an open world in the same way other companies have been doing in recent years.

I already expected this, but it's nice to have a confirmation. As long as I can freely explore just a bit more than other Zelda games I'm okay with that.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Page 2 Empty Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:50 pm

I have a question to all of you, do you think Zelda Wii U will even end up releasing in 2015? Or will it be pushed back?

I honestly don't think the game will be delayed, but I can't say that with 100% certainty, as most Zelda games do end up being delayed. Razz This is a pretty ambitious Zelda title, so I guess I won't be surprised if it is delayed, but I think Nintendo will do everything they can to have this out by holiday next year.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:I have a question to all of you, do you think Zelda Wii U will even end up releasing in 2015? Or will it be pushed back?

I honestly don't think the game will be delayed, but I can't say that with 100% certainty, as most Zelda games do end up being delayed. Razz This is a pretty ambitious Zelda title, so I guess I won't be surprised if it is delayed, but I think Nintendo will do everything they can to have this out by holiday next year.

I'm not sure, I think there's chance of it being delayed but they probably will end up releasing it in 2015. I don't want them rushing it so if they need more time, I can definitely wait for 2016. There isn't much known about the game including the title so that makes me think they are either holding onto information or they may need some more time.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:34 pm

I think it could be pushed back but, since it's the big Wii U title of next year I don't think it will unless Nintendo reveals a bigger game at next year's E3.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:55 pm

I think it depends on everything that the development team wants to do with the title. So if they want this to be a bigger game then I feel that it already is then yea we could be looking at a Zelda U title push back. *shrugs*
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:22 pm

I'm really hoping that they implement the item switching feature from Hyrule Warriors in this game. All you have to do is touch the Gamepad and you can very quickly switch items. I think it's very useful, and is something they've kind of done with Skyward Sword, but it's even easier and better with the Gamepad's touch screen. I can just swipe it to cycle through my items and choose the one I want to use within a second or two.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:42 am

Maybe if the team working on the Wii U title likes it then maybe they'll use it but if you haven't noticed any new Zelda titles ALWAYS gets some sort of new item swap out that comes with the new controls; it never fails. Even if the controls are new so too are the way the items are swapped out: for the majority of the titles released is at least how it seemed to me anyway.

Still; who knows maybe it'll be kept. Though tbh; I fully expect a change but we'll see whenever the Zelda U title is released. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:43 pm

^ True, but considering Zelda Wii U will make use of the Gamepad, I feel it's only natural they'd use the same item-swapping mechanic. Any other way to switch items would take longer. It's not a huge deal for me, I just find it's a nice way to switch items is all. If it's not in Zelda Wii U, I won't mind all that much.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:17 am

The artstyle for Zelda Wii U is apparently inspired by anime.

Aonuma wrote:Everyone has been imitating this (snaps fingers) (laughs). I was told by many people that it was “beautiful. I thought about various ways to make the graphical style fit the vast new Zelda world; imitating the real world attached an important feeling of realism, and making it look different to the past [Zelda titles], this was done by drawing inspiration from Japanese animations. Now, compared to what we showed you at E3, it has become something even more amazing.

(The giant enemy) which emits a laser while running, an enemy that moves with amazing speed; like this it can capture you while trying to escape on horseback, something not seen until now. In the Wii U version, we are trying to make people think ‘if an enemy like this comes out, how can I defeat it?’ and we showed a glimpse of this at E3. After all, I am changing various elements, following the theme of ‘changing the Zelda conventions.'

Interesting. And I still can't wait to see the game now, it already looked really amazing at E3 earlier this year.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:56 pm

New footage!!!

The sailcloth returns, and the game is reconfirmed for a 2015 release. It also looks amazing graphically, but honestly it reminds me of Twilight Princess with it's big world with nothing in it. :/ I hope it's improved by it's release though, and I'm sure it will be.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:12 am

I think the game looks great so far. I agree the world looks empty but I'm sure that'll change by release. It's cool that Link can jump off the horse now, looks like a fun thing to do. Maybe some enemies will be required to be defeated that way. I hope Link can wear that outfit through the whole game like in Wind Waker and Spirit tracks where you could wear the starting outfit, I really like that.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:22 am

The game looks good. Though I would also saw that I don't like how empty world and you could tell that this was an early beta.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:19 am

Hey, he confirmed dungeons return. I mean, I know they're in every single Zelda game released, but considering how they are "changing the conventions of the Legend of Zelda series," I didn't assume they'd be there initially. Also, when they first showed off the game, it was in an area with plenty of scenery, buildings, enemies, NPCs, etc. so I'm sure they will add more to the areas shown in this footage. It's still pretty early in development, you can tell it's in beta.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:27 pm

New details from an interview with Miyamoto:
    "Mr Miyamoto has been busy lately catching up with popular YouTubers and answering their questions. iJustine managed to get some Zelda Wii U information from Shigeru Miyamoto who clarified that there will be plenty to do in the game’s overworld. You’ll have so much to do that you’ll forget what your main mission is, though I’m sure you’ll get back on track eventually.

'You showed the Zelda trailer and that’s such a huge world. How is that going to be for you guys to approach as far as gameplay and story, because it’s such a huge world.
    With Zelda games, what we’ve always done is try to make them where you enter this big world of Hyrule and there’s a lot to explore and discover, but because of the hardware limitations, what we’ve had to do is segment off each area and piece those segments together in a way that make them feel like a big world. Now, with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, we first started by saying if we can take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and make that the size of one of the areas in the game.

Do you see that as a game where people will go to complete a certain mission and they end up doing fifty things along the way?
    Yeah, there may even be times where you forget what your goal is, because you are doing other things on the side. There may be times where you go in to one big one long dungeon, or you’re headed for a dungeon and doing other things on the side. What we’re trying to do is design it in a way where you don’t have to play it for a super long time, but more matched to today’s lifestyle where you can think for a little bit, and say “maybe I just want to play for a little bit today and do this one thing.” and get that thing done, then take a break.'"

Source

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm