The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Unused animations found for Petey Piranha found in Smash for Wii U

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Unused animations found for Petey Piranha found in Smash for Wii U Empty Unused animations found for Petey Piranha found in Smash for Wii U

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:44 pm

It seems like new animations where found for Petey in the files for Smash for Wii U.

My guess is that he was going to be a stage boss on the Delfino Plaza stage and was removed due to the them not wanting to change an old fan favorite stage for hardcore fans.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Unused animations found for Petey Piranha found in Smash for Wii U Empty Re: Unused animations found for Petey Piranha found in Smash for Wii U

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Yeah that would make sense. I think it would've been a cool addition but I really don't mind too much that he wasn't included in the final product.
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 993

Unused animations found for Petey Piranha found in Smash for Wii U Empty Re: Unused animations found for Petey Piranha found in Smash for Wii U

Post by TheFrozenFairy Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:48 am

That's too bad. Would've loved to see Petey Piranha return as a boss. Perhaps he was scrapped in favor of Nabbit for the Mushroom Kingdom U stage. Delfino Plaza does seem more likely though. Too bad he wasn't planned as a playable fighter, he's the one I could see him be a boss turned fighter. Might be a size issue like the infamous Ridley though. Interesting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm