The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

GameStop now offering $50 when you trade in your Wii for a Wii U

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

GameStop now offering $50 when you trade in your Wii for a Wii U Empty GameStop now offering $50 when you trade in your Wii for a Wii U

Post by Luma Party Wed May 22, 2013 4:26 pm

"American video game retailer GameStop has announced that it is offering consumers $50 when they trade in their Wii for a new Wii U. In order to be eligible for trade, all necessary components must be included with the Wii hardware. The offer is valid until June 2nd, and it’s applicable to both the Wii U Basic Set and Wii U Deluxe Set. You can read the full details of the limited time offer below:

Full trade amount must be applied toward a new Wii U system. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 5/1/13 through 6/2/13."

I doubt many will do this.
    The Wii is a console to be remembered and kept.
    Besides for those who'll take the risk, they wouldn't be able to transfer their data.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

GameStop now offering $50 when you trade in your Wii for a Wii U Empty Re: GameStop now offering $50 when you trade in your Wii for a Wii U

Post by Marowak Wed May 22, 2013 6:52 pm

When I read the topic I thought it said gives $50 when you trade in your wii or a wiiu, I was a bit concerned though unsurprised. I suppose it's nice to give people some money for trading one in for the other, but they're only taking off 1/7th or 1/6th of the whole price still making you pay $250-$300, which at that point you may as well buy it full price.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

GameStop now offering $50 when you trade in your Wii for a Wii U Empty Re: GameStop now offering $50 when you trade in your Wii for a Wii U

Post by Luma Party Wed May 22, 2013 7:12 pm

When I first heard about I thought the same thing.
    $50 for trading in a Wii or Wii U.
    It's still not a fair deal though.
    Wii U is worth $150 more than the Wii.

Post by Guest Wed May 22, 2013 7:32 pm

If memory serves correctly, I called them up once like...a year ago to see how much I'd get for a Nintendo Wii. The price given was 25$-35$. So...getting an extra 50$ for this deal doesn't spicen things up at all... You'll still be paying more than you'd want...

They sell the Wii for 80$ too. No wonder it is so low.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed May 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Gamestop is not the best place for trade ins.
    Every time you want some cash for something they give you store credit.
    I would never trade in my Wii for that rip off of a price.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu May 23, 2013 12:19 am

^ That's exactly why I wish there were some other game stores around my area, but there aren't, so I have to deal with that. Razz

They do need to actually make a profit off of it though, and giving it at full price would give them no money at all. That's why they need to think of a better deal...I wouldn't trade in my Wii. (it's broken anyway, so it doesn't matter...)

You'd wind up having a better deal without trading in a Wii anyway, if you think about the details...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:48 am