The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Microsoft thought they owned DK when they bouht Rare

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Microsoft thought they owned DK when they bouht Rare Empty Microsoft thought they owned DK when they bouht Rare

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Apparently Rare mistakenly thought they owned Donkey Kong when buying out Rare back in 2002 I believe. Face Palm! Face Palm!

Wow. I can't believe this. Just because Rare made several games featuring Donkey Kong does not at all mean they owned him or created him. It was one of Nintendo's first games lol.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Microsoft thought they owned DK when they bouht Rare Empty Re: Microsoft thought they owned DK when they bouht Rare

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Apparently Rare mistakenly thought they owned Donkey Kong when buying out Rare back in 2002 I believe. Face Palm!Face Palm!

Wow. I can't believe this. Just because Rare made several games featuring Donkey Kong does not at all mean they owned him or created him. It was one of Nintendo's first games lol.
    Rare owned all of the kongs minus Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Cranky Kong for a short time. However Nintendo soon get the rights to all of the Donkey Kong characters.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:44 am