The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Luma Party
Gengar
Snowy Yialina
Dark Jester
Polar
Kinopio
Soupy
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
13 posters

Animal Crossing New Leaf

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Animal Crossing New Leaf - Page 7 Empty Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf

Post by queenzelda Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Not me^ that's for sure! Razz

Any who you CAN take pictures in New Leaf by using L+R at the same time. The picture then gets saved to your SD card where all the rest of your pictures are. I have a few I took I just need to get them uploaded is all. XD

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:13 pm

I played my sister's copy and it was a rather fresh new experience compared to previous installments. Too bad I couldn't do so as the mayor. :/

The one big addition I like to this definitely has to be various outfits you can wear. Makes everyone's characters unique.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:33 pm

I know this because of watching a few videos of it, but couldn't you also put other clothes and masks on your characters, as well as make your own in City Folk? Wouldn't really call that something new if you could already do it in the previous installment.

Also for someone who has this and has played as the mayor, how is being the mayor?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:I know this because of watching a few videos of it, but couldn't you also put other clothes and masks on your characters, as well as make your own in City Folk? Wouldn't really call that something new if you could already do it in the previous installment.

I never said "new". I said "big addition" which(to me anyway) implies the clothes, accessories, shoes and socks. And trust me, the outfits in the previous games doesn't compare to how they look in NL. Much more detailed for one.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Oh yea UE is very correct. There were no such things as being able to wear shoes, shocks, or even take them off. You had to wear shoes constantly in previous installments. In NL you can go around town barefoot if you want. There are also pants, skirts & dresses that can be worn. Only shirts could be worn in previous Animal Crossing installments as well. 

Not only that but you can SWIM in the ocean which couldn't be done in EITHER of the previous games. So far I'm really loving this title. 

Oh yea as Mayor of Bacon. (lol my town name) I can induct ordinances and make my town, beautiful, rich, a night owl town, or an early bird town. When your the starting character you can pick from a batch of four towns as to which one you want for your town to look like. Which WAS not in any of the other installments either. 

Wifi is also enabled with NL & so if you pass some one by who has this title you can visit the wifi area and see inside their houses as well as meet the people whom you've passed as well. It's really awesome! 

Oh yea; also as mayor you can enact works to be done on your town such as adding in a bridge, fountain, or a lamp post, even a stop sign, signs for placing your face into them for photo ops & just so much more that you'd have to about see for yourself when you play really. XD The bridges; & fountain have always been a part of the AC experience but this time you can choose where to place them in NL which btw: is nice. :3

Last edited by queenzelda on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add the bit in about the bridges and fountain.)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Sounds good! But other than the streetpass/spotpass feature, they probably should've added those right from the beginning, imo, but at least they did add it. Seems like this would be a great title to start out playing Animal Crossing with though. Being able to add in bridges, etc. will certainly be a good thing. Thought you'd have been able to do that before, but I guess I was wrong again.

Also, what's the difference between the Early Bird town and the Night Own town? I mean I know they have something to do with day and night, but not quite sure exactly what they are.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Well yea you could add a bridge, & a fountain (plus either a lighthouse or a windmill for the previous installments) before it's just that THIS time you can choose where to place them. Everything else such as the lamp posts & etc is new to the AC series. 

As for night owl town or early bird town it's to help people who maybe play say early in the morning compared to late at night. For early risers then the town would become an early bird town. For people who would be playing the game late at night then the night owl town is what the person would choose. Being a middle person playing around noon I choose to just make my town beautiful! XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Well, I never play specifically in the morning or night, just at whatever random time I feel like playing. :PSo I would probably rather make it a beautiful or rich town instead. I really do want this game now though, I very likely will get it sometime soon. (this weekend maybe)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:40 am

I took some pictures of my game play & a few with some of my 3DS buds who I crossed with and we even played some of the Island Tours which are amazingly FUN. 

AC NF pics:

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:04 am

I'MMA LIST THE VILLAGERS IN KITTY! <- Towns name.

Caroline
    Diana
    Tucker
    Bunnie
    Mott
    Lopez
    Dotty
    Deena

Fuchsia moved to a cousins town and Croque recently left.(i sorta liked him too...)
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:12 pm

In my town of Bacon, the local fruit is cherries. I'm also growing apples, bananas, & I just got some oranges & pears just today to grow. Once they come in if anyone here is interested in swapping fc's with me & crossing I'll be more then happy to. Also if I can I'll try promoting tnfs when I cross with the people on my list. ^^

I'll post a list of my folk asap. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Promoting TNFS, so nice of you. :3

Also, if I do indeed get this game (probably going to sometime this weekend or next weekend) , I'd be happy to do that. Also, why did you call your town Bacon? Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:44 am

I think I mentioned at some point prior to this post that if you go to Best Buy you can get some free items for this? Well, this isn't something I would do myself, but there is a way to get the items without going to Best Buy, right from your house.

Nintendo Life wrote:1. Change the SSID on your router to “Bestbuy” (ensure it is spelled exactly as seen here, with the capital B and without the quotation marks). Tethering on your cell phone should also work.
    2. Make sure you can connect to your router via your 3DS Wi-Fi settings.
    3. A message should appear on your Home screen saying you are connected to a Nintendo Zone, but you do not need to enter it.
    4. Start New Leaf, visit the Post Office and ask Pelly for your present.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Well I promote as I can. xD But I do promote for NR since it's kind of dead here as of late... D: Any who I'll try the BestBuy wifi route and see if it works! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 am