The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

It may actually be possible for 3D DK games in future

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

It may actually be possible for 3D DK games in future Empty It may actually be possible for 3D DK games in future

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm

According to Kensuke Tanabe, the producer of DKC: TF, there may be more 3D Donkey Kong games in the future, similar to Donkey Kong 64.

Kensuke Tanabe wrote:Maybe the Donkey Kong series over time will also feature both 2D and 3D like as in the Super Mario series! The style of the next Donkey Kong Country title would also depend on the game design.

That's interesting, and I'd certainly like to have another 3D Donkey Kong. Although it does worry me that they will make a 3D Donkey Kong next over a new Metroid game.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

It may actually be possible for 3D DK games in future Empty Re: It may actually be possible for 3D DK games in future

Post by queenzelda Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Idk, something tells me that a Metroid game would be made first before another DK game of any kind will since DK games tend to be one per-console at the least with the DK series. Still; if one does release to the 3DS I'd be one to think it'd be some time after the Wii U one is: which is still in development atmo of posting.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

It may actually be possible for 3D DK games in future Empty Re: It may actually be possible for 3D DK games in future

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:56 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure it isn't "in development" as you put it, it's likely finished, just unreleased. They tend to wait a month or two for whatever their reasons may be. Probably so it can be rated by ESRB or PEGI, then reviewed by critics, etc.

But anyway, there already is a remake of DKCR on 3DS, so a 3D Donkey Kong game would more likely be on Wii U instead. But I guess there's really no way of knowing, just my thoughts on the matter. :3
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:45 am

It seems like they want to make Donkey Kong Country into a game like 3D World. It seems like a good idea to make the levels in 3D but, keep the gameplay of Donkey Kong Country since Donkey Kong 64 did not sell that great.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Well, it is true that Donkey Kong 64 didn't sell that well, but that was well over a decade ago, so they can't exactly go off the sales of that game just because it's a bit different now than when that game released. And personally just because 3D World was a very linear game, I'd rather see a more open-world Donkey Kong 3D game. Hopefully that will happen, Mario and Donkey Kong are pretty much Nintendo's only platformers. Of course there's Kirby, but they wouldn't make a 3D Kirby game lol. (but I also don't think a 3D Kirby game would work well, so I don't care all that much)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 am