The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Will Wii U Turn Around like the 3DS?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Will Wii U Turn Around like the 3DS? Empty Will Wii U Turn Around like the 3DS?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:54 pm

I was wondering if anybody else thinks the Wii U will completely turn around like the 3DS. Remember the 3DS had barely any games for it's first year or 2, and also wasn't selling very well, but then a TON of fantastic games were released, at least 1 new good game was released every month in 2013 if not more.

So because the Wii U is in a similar situation as the 3DS was when it began it's life, do you think the Wii U will start getting a ton of fantastic exclusives and sales will pick up as well?
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Will Wii U Turn Around like the 3DS? Empty Re: Will Wii U Turn Around like the 3DS?

Post by queenzelda Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Yea I think the WIi U will have a turn around like the 3DS, but probably in 2015 or some sh*t since not much is releasing for 2014 that I really want... <.<; (Ohh four games; yea gimme dat shiz. xp)
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Will Wii U Turn Around like the 3DS? Empty Re: Will Wii U Turn Around like the 3DS?

Post by Dark Jester Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:01 pm

I don't know for sure, but I hope it does. 

It was the big hard hitting titles that saved 3DS in my opinion. Pokemon, AC:NL, Mario Kart, Zelda, DK and all the promotions they did too, made you want to play more games... 

...but so far, for me, the only hard hitting Wii U game has been Mario 3DWorld...
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:06 pm

At the moment I cannot answer.
    If they cannot this year, I believe they will not.
    If sales increase, then I believe they can definitely turn around.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:53 pm

It's hard to say but, if sales don't pick at the end of June then I don't think so. Also Smash Bros won't help much since more people will just get it on the 3DS.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Y'know what... thinking about it... 

I don't think much will change for the Wii U. I don't want to seem like the negative one, I personally love the Wii U and what it could offer me in the future. 

But there's nothing on Wii U that seems really new or different at the moment, or not even a long awaited popular game... Maybe if they made a new Zelda (and this isn't me being biased as I don't play Zelda much myself) or a kind of Mario game people wanted it COULD pull itself back...

...but with titles like MK8 and Smash Brothers, it'll stay about the same... maybe a slight increase in sales...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:48 pm

^ You know a new Zelda game is in the works for Wii U right? Aonuma and Iwata did say this was the case a little over a year ago in a Nintendo Direct...

And actually, I don't think it's the software at all. They've got plenty of games available and coming soon, even if none of them specifically interest you Jester, there is really a lot there. I think the problem is the hardware, not that it's bad, but they aren't doing enough with the Gamepad to make it feel like an interesting console, and they aren't even advertising it as such.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:30 am

Oh yeah, everyone will have a different view. Some person might fall right into line with all this and think it's great. 

But looking at all this with sales figures and overall opinion of things as a majority it seems that many people have said things like "It's good, but it's just not different" for titles like Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, DK...

I guess I am interested in these games, but nothing ever makes me say "wow, that was amazing", I think Nintendo is focusing too much on playing with nostalgia. People like Link to the Past? Make a new one just like that! People liked Yoshi's Island? Make a new one just like that! People like the Original Mario Bros? See where I'm going with this? 

Yet it seems really weird that they do reject IP such as Earthbound, F-Zero and Starfox as those are the kind of fresh faces we need at the moment, as long as they played around with it and tried to make a new game rather than a "Hey, do yo remember x" game? 

I'm not sure if that makes much sense, I'm not trying to bash nintendo and they really don't make bad games at all, it just wouldn't hurt them to start thinking creatively. 

Also, you mention the hardware, I think the gamepad could be fun in some ways, but it has to be pulled off well and not used as just a gimmick. Like how in DKCR for the wii had the "waggle" to roll... that was terrible. Game and Wario wasn't too bad with it, and even Nintendo land showed me some of the interesting stuff they could do with it, but they'd have to find a really good balance between traditional gaming and their gimmick. 

Anyway, it's not like I'm implying that's the soul reason that things are not looking good for nintendo, it's likely a mixture of other things, including the consoles starting price, name and launch titles and launch time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:31 pm