The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Someone, help me!

Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 715

Someone, help me!  Empty Someone, help me!

Post by Snowy Yialina Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:17 am

Hola, everyone! So, I need to ask a question... Why is my SDHC card causing my computer to crash? It happens, if I ever need to do anything or if I've been on the computer with that in for longer than 30 mins... It's really annoying and it's scary! What's up with it? It's brand new! 

Extra Stuff:

It worked fine when I got it but I started getting problems yesterday...

It's 16GB

Class 10, 30MB/S 
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Someone, help me!  Empty Re: Someone, help me!

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:25 am

Do you know how old your computer is, and what operating system you're using? Because it may be bigger than an older computer or operating system can handle. But I've personally never had the problem, so I'm not 100% sure.
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:30 am

Yozz to the rescue... sort of Razz Okay, uh, well. It's Windows 7, the make of the laptop is Stone, it is almost 2 years old... I've forgot how to find out the extra information... Where do you have to go for that?
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:03 am

Well it is windows, so of course it doesn't need an excuse to crash. [/not a windows fan]

But, try booting your pc up without the micro sd card inside your pc when it starts & just let the pc run with out it until your pc has booted up fully. When your pc is finally up, try inserting the micro sd card & see if that doesn't help.

I'm thinking that maybe the pc has problems trying to keep up with not only all of the internal systems checks that windows usually does but the fact that your info on the micro sd card might be too much for it to handle for your pc right as it's booting up. So just try getting onto your pc with out it for a small window of time & see if that could be the issue.

Also; a way to find out more information is to right click on the icon, click on properties & the extra info you need should be the first page you read called 'general'. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Hm, it should be able to handle it considering it isn't all that old. I'd say try Queen's suggestion, but I do also want to know, when does it crash? Immediately when you put in the SD Card?
    Snowy Yialina
    Snowy Yialina
    Pikachu
    Pikachu

Post by Snowy Yialina Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:29 pm

queenzelda wrote:Well it is windows, so of course it doesn't need an excuse to crash. [/not a windows fan]

But, try booting your pc up without the micro sd card inside your pc when it starts & just let the pc run with out it until your pc has booted up fully. When your pc is finally up, try inserting the micro sd card & see if that doesn't help.

I'm thinking that maybe the pc has problems trying to keep up with not only all of the internal systems checks that windows usually does but the fact that your info on the micro sd card might be too much for it to handle for your pc right as it's booting up. So just try getting onto your pc with out it for a small window of time & see if that could be the issue.

Also; a way to find out more information is to right click on the icon, click on properties & the extra info you need should be the first page you read called 'general'. :3
     Hmm, that seems to be working for now Smile
    Zero Revolution wrote:Hm, it should be able to handle it considering it isn't all that old. I'd say try Queen's suggestion, but I do also want to know, when does it crash? Immediately when you put in the SD Card?
      It happened whenever it was in for too long or if I tried to copy anything or take anything off of it...
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Yi wrote:It happened whenever it was in for too long or if I tried to copy anything or take anything off of it...
    In other words: your pc couldn't do more then one operation is my guess. What you might want to try doing when copying files over is to not have your browser running or any thing else, like windows media, or etc when you go to copy any files over. I'm guessing that your pc just can't handle the load of information stored on your micro sd card. Yea it should be able to handle it, but over time as you accumulate & place more 'stuff' onto said sd card; some computers just can't handle such a huge load.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:52 am