The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Sony CEO Jack Trenton steps down

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Sony CEO Jack Trenton steps down Empty Sony CEO Jack Trenton steps down

Post by queenzelda Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Ever since 1995, former CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Jack Tretton has been working with the PlayStation brand to bring amazing content that defined at least 2 generation of gaming. And now that amazing career is at a close as Tretton is to step down as CEO at the end of March and to be replaced by the COO Shawn Layden

In his farewell statement he said;

“Working at SCEA for the past 19 years has been the most rewarding experience of my career. Although I will deeply miss the talented team at SCEA and the passion demonstrated every day by our fans, I’m very excited about starting the next chapter of my career. I want to thank the employees, partners and customers for their tireless commitment to the PlayStation brand and, of course, to our fans who have pushed us to new heights of innovation and entertainment over the past two decades. I leave PlayStation in a position of considerable strength and the future will only get brighter for PlayStation Nation.”
    sauce

D: This is just sad, I really liked Jack Trenton. I'm going to miss seeing Jack at the E3 event as he was always pleasant & seemed like a nice guy.

Though; something tells me that this is some huge April fools joke by Sony; but maybe it's just me since Shawn Layden steps in & takes over as president & ceo of Sony on April 1, 2014. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Sony CEO Jack Trenton steps down Empty Re: Sony CEO Jack Trenton steps down

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Hm, well I do doubt this is an April Fools' joke, mainly because it's March 7th. Razz

It's sad to see him go I suppose, but for me it depends on what the new CEO is like. Since I honestly have no idea who it is.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Yeah.

inb4gotyoudidn'ti

Well... I have never heard of this guy(both). So, he's the CEO, huh?
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:20 pm

@ Zero: Well April Fools has over the years started to become a big thing; more so with companies plotting April Fools jokes long before April 1st hits. Still; like you said it could be serious.

@ Unknown E: Yup; I've been watching E3 for years & I used to play a mental game of who's phatter Sony's old CEO Jack or Nintendo's Reggie. Looks like this year I get to play that game with the new guy who takes over; Sony's new CEO Shawn vs Nintendo's Reggie. Razz XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:23 pm

^ Lol. But with something like the CEO stepping down, I wouldn't expect him to say this now and then nearly a month later say it was just an April Fools joke. Unless you can give me an example of an April Fools joke that was said to be a joke a month afterwards, because I can't think of anything. Razz
    King Atem
    King Atem
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : PlayStation King

User Points : 1568
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Zelda, Mario 'n Pokemon.

Post by King Atem Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:46 pm

What? Jack's stepping down? Aw man that's just sick. He was always really upbeat at every E3 event he went to & always had a smile on his face. Seeing him go is a real shame impo. :/

@ Zero: I've got a good example for you; in either 2012 [or 2013] DA had a cat overlord take over a good couple of weeks prior to April 1st & then he stepped down after the first was over thus revealing it to be an elaborate April fools prank by DA staff. Thou I suppose that DA doesn't account for much irl; or at least not as much as a CEO of a gaming company might. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:05 pm