The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Rosalina
Tetratonix
Namine
Lady Pikachu
Gameguy1996
Frost-Knight
Nino
King Atem
queenzelda
Winters Thief Zero
Luma Party
15 posters

The Anything Thread (3)

queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

The Anything Thread (3) - Page 71 Empty Re: The Anything Thread (3)

Post by queenzelda Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:19 am

Zero wrote:I was excited about all of the games they showed myself, other than Codename S.T.E.A.M. (just because I'm still not quite sure how it works...)
    The Steam game reminded me a lot of the Wild Arms series that I was into for the Playstation. You'd start out with one character & recruit others. As you continue on in the game you could swap to other characters you recruit & use their special abilities to get through certain area's. But with the STEAM game it seems that the guns use Steam & once you run out of steam your done for a while as your steam gun 'reloads' is what I'm guessing. The only difference from the Steam title & Wild Arms is the strategy aspect of the game where as the Wild Arms series was more JRPG like in how it played really. Quite honestly I should give it a chance since I love strategy games & it reminds me a lot of the Wild Arms series.. But being that it's a strategy shooter; I'm a bit hesitant. Still I'll have to consider it some more before it releases. I have some time before it releases to make up my mind if I want to try it or not is how I see it. My only issue so far is the 'aliens' aspect of the game; but Wild Arms had that aspect too.. Just with other humans coming from another world as the 'aliens' was all. So I guess it's all in how you look at it. XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:38 pm

^ Well, I believe they said the steam is how many steps you can move, which I'm guessing is to make the game more strategic and make you think about if you can make it to certain places with the amount of steam you have or defeat an enemy, etc. It seems interesting, I'm still just a little confused. I'm sure they'll clear it up before it's release, maybe it will get it's own Direct shortly before it's release. I just usually have a hard time with those games as they tend to be difficult for me, but I do love Fire Emblem, so I'm guessing it won't disappoint since it's from the same team.

I had rehearsal today, which was my last rehearsal for the week! Yay. We never have any on Fridays or the weekend, but I guess the play itself will be on Friday and the weekend. Speaking of which, there's only about 2 weeks before our opening production, I think I'm pretty much ready myself, though!
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:Well, I believe they said the steam is how many steps you can move, which I'm guessing is to make the game more strategic and make you think about if you can make it to certain places with the amount of steam you have or defeat an enemy, etc. It seems interesting, I'm still just a little confused. I'm sure they'll clear it up before it's release, maybe it will get it's own Direct shortly before it's release. I just usually have a hard time with those games as they tend to be difficult for me, but I do love Fire Emblem, so I'm guessing it won't disappoint since it's from the same team.
    I always tend to excel at strategy games myself; since I've played a variety of them over the years. But it's something I enjoy; thus why I'm waffling with weather I want to try the new Steam game or not. Yea it's a shooter; but a strategy shooter. So atmo I'm still undecided. I think when the game releases is when I'll most likely make up my mind one way or the other. XD

Zero Revolution wrote:I had rehearsal today, which was my last rehearsal for the week! Yay. We never have any on Fridays or the weekend, but I guess the play itself will be on Friday and the weekend. Speaking of which, there's only about 2 weeks before our opening production, I think I'm pretty much ready myself, though!
    Good for you! I wish I could come & see your play I'd love to see it. But; that's just me. Good luck on your play's production! ^^
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:27 pm

^ Well I'm not the best at them. Of course, it depends on the game itself, I'm good at some of them, but with Fire Emblem for example, it can be hard to come up with a good strategy for me.

Thanks, if you could've come it would've been cool! But of course, you don't even know me irl anyway so it would be weird. Razz XD I hope it goes well though, thanks for the good luck.

I went out to eat tonight, although, it was just from McDonald's, so I just picked it up to eat at home. :p
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:09 pm

A Direct for the game will likely happen in Spring so I think that's when I will know if the game is for me or not.

Good luck with the opening production when it happens and it's nice that you got McDonald's.

My posters came in about 2 hours ago and I plan on going to dinner in a little while.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:23 pm

^ Nice! What do you think of the posters? Are you going to put them up today? Hope you enjoy your dinner then. Also, thanks for the good luck! It's still a couple weeks away so we've got a little bit of time.

My dog looks like she's getting ready to hibernate for the winter. Razz XD She always seems to sleep a lot in the winter, though. Then again, she sleeps a lot in general.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:50 am

I like them and I have not put them up yet.

Your right about dogs sleeping often but, they always wake up when your doing something.

I watched the Pikmin shorts on Wii U a while ago and i liked the 3rd one the most.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:35 pm

^ Hm, I'm still not sure I want to pay for those, were they good?

My laptop just did something really weird. I thought it broke completely for a few minutes, until it finally started working again. I was just posting on here, and suddenly it made a click sound and shut off completely. I kept pressing the power button and it wouldn't turn on. Finally after a few tries and messing with the battery, it started working again. It was scary though, I thought I wouldn't be able to use it again for awhile.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Oh yeah, it's a little late, I meant to ask earlier as I usually do, but anybody have any plans for the weekend?

I'm going to see Interstellar later today, in a couple hours, which I can't wait to watch. Should be good. Other than that, I don't really have anything to do this weekend, so I'll probably just relax and not do much. Razz (but that's always nice after a long week)
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Okay, so now apparently a 2 or 3 days cruise of The Bahamas during Christmas Break is what my parents are looking at...
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:47 pm

^ Cruise? Best stay out of that one, cruises may seem nice, but from what I can tell they're horrible. Unless you really like that kind of thing...

I went to see Interstellar today as I said I would, and it was actually better than I thought it would be. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a really long time. Christopher Nolan's films don't usually disappoint though. It's honestly probably one of my favorite movies of all time now. (although, I don't watch movies all that often, so I guess that's not saying too much) Regardless I recommend it, it's really good.

-------

https://thenforumsite.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=2645

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:42 am