The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Kirby: Triple Deluxe Review [3DS]

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

review - Kirby: Triple Deluxe Review [3DS]  Empty Kirby: Triple Deluxe Review [3DS]

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon May 12, 2014 9:40 pm

While I've always been a fan of Kirby games, I have to admit that some of them are really boring with terrible level design. However, Kirby's been on a roll lately, with Return to Dream Land being great, and now Kirby: Triple Deluxe being my favorite Kirby game ever.

Story
    It's a peaceful night in Dream Land when Kirby is sleeping in his house. But then a giant beanstalk grows from under his house called the Dreamstalk, which lifts him up high into the sky. When Kirby wakes up realizing he is in the sky rather than on the ground, he jumps out onto the Dreamstalk. King Dedede's Castle, which was also lifted into the sky, is being invaded by the evil Taranza. Taranza then steals Kind Dedede, who Kirby must now go save!

Yeah, it's a Kirby game, there isn't going to be that much of an interesting storyline. And unfortunately there isn't a cool twist like in Return to Dream Land at the end either. However, other events do happen which make for a fantastic ending to the story, even if the plot itself isn't that great. You'll wind up finding out why King Dedede was stolen and whatnot.

Gameplay
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe is more of a traditional Kirby game where you can inhale enemies and steal their powers. However, the game adds in quite a few things to change it up. For one thing, you'll now be able to use warp stars which let Kirby move between the foreground and background. This isn't the only play with foreground and background, as the entire game uses it. This isn't a bad thing either, the game actually uses this in very clever ways making for some really fantastic and creative level design. It also makes use of some of the other 3DS features such as the gyrosensor. (and trust me, it works way better than in certain other 3DS games...)

One other major addition is Hypernova Kirby, who can inhale giant objects. This includes sucking up giant trees to moving around robot heads shooting lasers. They really do play around with this feature quite a bit and it's really fun to see what is done with it.

Triple Deluxe also includes a few new copy abilities, including some of my favorite in the entire series. Beetle Kirby lets you stab enemies on Kirby's horn and buzz around, which is really cute and funny. I won't mention every new copy ability, but they're all really cool in my opinion.

In addition to the main story mode, you're also given 2 minigames. Dedede's Drum Dash is a rhythm minigame where you bounce around on drums to the beat of the music. It's surprisingly fun and even very difficult. Kirby Fighters is a fighting game where you can use some of the copy abilities to fight against other Kirbys. It's a little fun the first few times you play, but it's not any kind of deep fighting game considering it is just a small extra minigame included.

Overall I'd say the game works very well, and it is an incredibly enjoyable adventure. I will say though, it's fairly short, but this doesn't detract from how great the game is otherwise.

Graphics
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe is one of the sharpest looking 3DS games yet. It's very colorful and vibrant. In addition, it makes great use of the 3D feature, looking much better in 3D. This is probably the only 3DS game where I felt using 3D actually improved the game!

Sound
    The sound quality in Triple Deluxe is good, and of course you'd want that. But the music is so amazing that I bet it would sound good even if the sound quality of the game WASN'T good. This game has to have my one of, if not the, best video game soundtracks ever. The music suits each area perfectly, and every song is the type of song that will get stuck in your head. They're all catchy and sound fantastic. Of course, it's probably expected from a Kirby game anyway, but this music is even great for the Kirby series.

Controls
    Triple Deluxe controls perfectly, I have no complaints. Surprisingly enough, even the gryosensor and motion sensor segments found throughout the game work perfectly as well. (although the motion sensor is rarely used, and it is pretty much just the gryo controls for the most part) I found it much easier to control using the slide pad, but this is mostly due to the control pad not being very comfortable on the 3DS, not a problem specifically with Kirby: Triple Deluxe. Everything, even including the moves using copy abilities, feels very natural.

Overall
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe is a fantastic game. It's level design is creative, and every bit of it is just very enjoyable to play through. Couple that with the amazing music, and you've got yourself a great game. I'd say this is the best platformer available for the 3DS, and is one of the best games available on the handheld in general.

score:

Oh, also, feel free to comment. I'd like feedback so I can improve, and your thoughts on my thoughts if you want. Razz It's just that nobody seems to ever respond to my reviews.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

review - Kirby: Triple Deluxe Review [3DS]  Empty Re: Kirby: Triple Deluxe Review [3DS]

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon May 12, 2014 10:01 pm

It was a good review but, you should have added that 2 more modes are unlocked after clearing the story mode.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:10 am