The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Iwata Will Not Attend E3 Due to Health Reasons

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Iwata Will Not Attend E3 Due to Health Reasons Empty Iwata Will Not Attend E3 Due to Health Reasons

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Apparently Iwata will not be attending E3 this year, as he was advised not to go due to health reasons. Source

I hope it's nothing too serious, it's one thing to just be sick, but it sounds like it's something worse. I'll also miss Iwata being at E3. (but I'm sure he'll still be in the Nintendo Digital Event, or at least hopefully he will be...would be odd for him to not show up in anything at all this year)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Iwata Will Not Attend E3 Due to Health Reasons Empty Re: Iwata Will Not Attend E3 Due to Health Reasons

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:15 pm

I think he will be in the  Nintendo Digital Event since it's pre recorded. It''s best that he's not going to E3 though since the things going on around there would effect his health even more.

Last edited by Gameguy1996 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Iwata Will Not Attend E3 Due to Health Reasons Empty Re: Iwata Will Not Attend E3 Due to Health Reasons

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:08 pm

Did they confirm the Nintendo Digital Event was pre-recorded? If they did then that makes sense. But if not then it's possible he won't appear, and someone else would do it for him. (like Reggie)
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:04 pm

I hope he's okay...
    We can't lose Yamauchi and Iwata in the same calendar year.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:29 pm

We now know why Iwata did not go to E3.

Iwata wrote:
    Thank you very much for your continued extraordinary support of us. I am Satoru Iwata, President of the company.
    Today, there is one thing that I would like to share with you.
    Recently, as the result of one of my routine physical examinations, an issue was detected. Following a more detailed examination, a growth was found in my bile duct.
    In general, it is said that a bile duct growth can be difficult-to-treat, partly because of the difficulty of detecting it early. In my case, luckily, it was detected very early and I had no symptoms.
    I was counseled that removal at an early stage would be the desirable medical option. Therefore I had surgery last week, and I came through it well, as predicted.
    I have already resumed my business by email and by other means, but it is anticipated that a little more time is needed for me to return to my regular work schedule.
    As a result, I have no choice but to miss the company’s very important activity, the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, to be held this month. As the president of the company, I regret that I cannot attend the meeting. However, I understand that I have to prioritize my medical treatment and to recover as soon as possible so that I will again be able to do my best to help the company to grow. I hope that you understand.

Source

It's nice to know that he's back to working that fast and I hope that he stays with Nintendo for a few more years since I think he's doing a great time as the head of Nintendo. I also hope that he back for more Nintendo Directs soon.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:26 am

What's funny is I actually googled what Satoru Iwata's email is & just sent him a very nice 'Get well soon!' email. If he gets it & replies: I'd fall over! XD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:21 am

^ You really did that? I have a feeling he actually will respond and thank you for the email. :3 It would be awesome if he did lol.

It's good to know he found the growth early and was able to remove it before it got worse. Hopefully he'll be better soon.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Yes, I really did do that. Because much liek CBS: I care. xp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:41 pm