The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Gameguy1996
queenzelda
Kinopio
commanderedgeworth
8 posters

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by commanderedgeworth Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:06 am

Luma Party wrote:That's over $70 here. XD

It's always been like that, and I'm not complaining about it because we have a higher minimum wage here so in the end it probably works out better for us. Of course it's tied to the markets and a few years ago we had a really weak pound so it was actually cheaper importing from America than buying games here. Those were the days...

Anyway, sorry for bringing my Brit gloominess in this topic, just worried that Nintendo might pull the same thing with this as they did with DKC. As much as love Nintendo games it's been more difficult justifying spending £30 or £40 a single game in recent years when PC and Steam sales have been so good. Dozens of great games for £40 or one great Nintendo game for the same price. It's becoming an easier choice as time goes on. Right now it feels like you either buy a Nintendo game in the first month of release or not at all, or see if a friend has it.

Let's say this Toad game comes out full price and you tell yourself $20 or less, they'll take so long marking it down because it's a Nintendo product. By that time the next batch of games will have come out or very close to it. New Mario Galaxy in a month, but Toad has finally begrudgingly fallen to $19.99, but screw it I don't care it's Mario Galaxy. Toad sits forgotten.

Nintendo having evergreen pricing is probably great for business and I'm sure they look at the numbers and can justified it, but it still feels like I'm missing out on a lot because I'm not in a position to spend £40 on every game. And by the time that's happened better and shinier stuff has come out and is already cheaper.

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this sort of thing.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:19 am

I'd agree, but it really seems like Nintendo is pricing these games as low as they possibly can be for them to still break even on them. If I could, I'd purchase every single Nintendo game they release, but of course if it doesn't interest me enough to warrant the $60 price tag (or $35 for 3DS), I'll just skip over it as well. So I do have pretty much the exact same situation, but I can't really complain, as Nintendo is already starting to lose a bit of money. I think they're a great company and I wouldn't want to see that happen. I have much more fun playing their games than most others really.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:35 am

According to an email I was sent back from Nintendo, they have not yet decided whether this will be a full retail game or just an eShop game. It depends on which they feel it fits best. They also said they have not yet decided a price, it depends on the amount of content in the game.

To me, it's good to hear that. I'm glad they're not set on a certain price or whether it will be eShop or retail-only.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:15 pm

We already know that it's a retail game and a downloadable game. If your taking about the price though then $30 or $40 would be the best since $60 is not really worth it for a puzzle game.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:59 pm

^ No, I'm talking about both. In the email sent to me, they said they have not yet decided whether it is a retail or downloadable game, and they also have decided the price. But I'm guessing it is a retail game, just because we have a boxart and everything.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Kmart has listed this game as $40.

http://www.kmart.com/nintendo-captain-toad-treasure-tracker-for-nintendo-wii/p-018W008575191001P

That sounds like a good price for this game. I'm not going to trust the big K though.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 pm

I wouldn't trust a random store, but I do think it will be $40. I'll buy it at that price, although I'm kind of hoping it's a bit less. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Here's a quote from Matt Ryan regarding Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker being a full game and whatnot:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will be a full standalone retail game. It won’t just be a fleshed out mini-game. We’ve actually only shown a little bit of the game so far. There’s a lot more we haven’t shown yet. The game is very “Nintendo”. It brings Toad into the foreground as the star of his own game, because until now he’s just been given side character roles. And because he’s the focus, the gameplay revolves around his personality and play-style, similarly. You’ve got to deal with the “Toad” physics – he’s slower, he doesn’t jump, he’s weighed down by the backpack, he’s smaller. And because of that, there’s this whole puzzle environment which is different than how Mario would deal with obstacles. You’ll have to solve puzzles and learn to avoid obstacles. It’s a much more evolved version of the mini-game levels you played in the past. So, it’s hard to compare it to a Mario Galaxy or 3D World, because the gameplay is very different. This is more of a puzzle-platformer. But in terms of content, this is definitely a fully fleshed out retail game.

I'm glad it's a full game if it's going to be at retail, but I just hope that doesn't mean $60. I do think that means there will be a lot of levels though. They could probably have plenty of levels for a game like this.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:57 am

New Screens:
    Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 2 Cttt2

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 2 Cttt1

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 2 Cttt3

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 2 Cttt4

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 2 Cttt5

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 2 Cttt7

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 2 Cttt6
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:05 pm

^ Thanks for resizing them, it annoys me when people post them and I have to drag it to another tab. >_>

Anyway, I like the train level. They didn't show that before did they?
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:58 pm

They showed it as part of a minecart level before.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Oh, well I guess I wasn't paying attention during the Treehouse Live thing. XD It kind of sucks it's just part of the minecart level, it looks pretty interesting.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:33 pm

Well I must say, this is the game that won this year's E3 for me! xD 

Though in serious terms, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is what I envision to being the perfect Toad game. Using the mechanics from the Captain Toad levels from SM3DW and adding SMB2 elements too - what a perfect combination! The game looks gorgeous too so far and I really anticipate for more information! Surprised

I love how Nintendo is even going the extra mile to developing Captain Toad's character as well. Those random touches such as Toad shaking in fear or falling asleep in exhaustion in some of the levels is just adorable. Definitely a very Nintendo-esque game.

I'll definitely pick up this game when it launches! If there's a Captain Toad Amiibo to go with it, sign me up. xD
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:40 pm

^ Yeah actually, although this isn't really a full on Wii U game, it's also probably one of my top 3 games of E3 on the Nintendo side. (right after Splatoon and Zelda of course XD)

I wonder if there will even be any more SMB2 elements though, they showed the plant picking/throwing, but that seems to be about it. Unless I'm just missing something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 pm