The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Gameguy1996
queenzelda
Kinopio
commanderedgeworth
8 posters

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 4 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:56 pm

^ Lol, well, when there's multiple big games releasing, a smaller title like this will usually get lost and forgotten due to the hype with the other titles releasing over the holiday season. So I'm sure Nintendo would want to give a ton of exciting info on it right before release.

@Luma
    Yes, it's likely that they will sell more, as they usually do on other consoles. I probably meant biggest as in literally the biggest game on Wii U. (taking up the most data) Zelda is certainly going to be the most exciting game for most people in 2015 on Wii U though.

Nintendo likes to stay almost completely silent on their games until right up before release, when they'll reveal a TON of info about them and basically spoil everything for us. Razz I wouldn't put it past them to do it for Captain Toad as well.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Treasure - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Page 4 Empty Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 pm

The only think we don't really know about is how the Abiibos come into play. I more of the levels will be show in an upcoming Direct or there couldl be a Captain Toad only Direct in November.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:19 pm

The thing is that Smash and such titles are very hyped titles and have been for years. 

A game like Captain Toad is relatively unknown, and much like how Zero said earlier, Nintendo is probably saving some major hype for this game right before release to capture attention. The last Treehouse stream barely wanted to even show the menu - that's how darn secretive the game is at this point of time. They're definitely hiding something HUGE.

I'm gonna assume that SM3DW was pretty much a testing ground for this type of game I'd assume via the Captain Toad levels. These levels featuring Captain Toad were completely foreign to the rest of the game as well. With the positive reception these levels got, Nintendo pretty much got their green light for Captain Toad to be made into a game of its own.

Now that Smash for the 3DS and Bayonetta 2 have been released (well 1-2 more days to go for Smash), Nintendo has plenty of time to focus on Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. It's a Wii U game made by Nintendo EAD Tokyo, I'm gonna imagine that it has a ton of unexpecting features within it.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Kinopio wrote:The thing is that Smash and such titles are very hyped titles and have been for years. 

A game like Captain Toad is relatively unknown, and much like how Zero said earlier, Nintendo is probably saving some major hype for this game right before release to capture attention. The last Treehouse stream barely wanted to even show the menu - that's how darn secretive the game is at this point of time. They're definitely hiding something HUGE.

I'm gonna assume that SM3DW was pretty much a testing ground for this type of game I'd assume via the Captain Toad levels. These levels featuring Captain Toad were completely foreign to the rest of the game as well. With the positive reception these levels got, Nintendo pretty much got their green light for Captain Toad to be made into a game of its own.

Now that Smash for the 3DS and Bayonetta 2 have been released (well 1-2 more days to go for Smash), Nintendo has plenty of time to focus on Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. It's a Wii U game made by Nintendo EAD Tokyo, I'm gonna imagine that it has a ton of unexpecting features within it.
    Yep, I actually have a feeling that Nintendo was planning to make this game even before 3D World, but used 3D World as a way to see if people would enjoy it.

Also, Bayonetta 2 has released weeks early? Seriously? Awesome I'll go pick up my copy now. Razz XD It's only released in Japan by the way, they still need to market it in other regions.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Post by Kinopio Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:30 pm

^I feel the same about SM3DW.

Ah darn it *facepalm*, excuse my lack of knowledge on Bayonetta 2's worldwide release! Forgot that it was just Japan only for now. Razz Whoops.

Also...

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/05/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-could-be-delayed-to-2015-in-north-america/

Oh no...oh no. 

I was hoping it wouldn't come down to Captain Toad being delayed till 2015 in NA too, but seems like there's a chance for this happening now... Sad

Then again, we hardly know anything about this game and with Smash coming out this holiday..perhaps Nintendo wanted this game to stand out more for 2015? Let's see...
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:40 pm

I think the plan was to have Captain Toad come out on November 21st along with Pokemon and Smash Wii U but, then Nintendo thought the sales would not be that great and then pushed the game into 2015 so one Wii U game could come out every month. Of course the game could still come out this year but, since it was delayed in Europe I think it will also be delayed in North America.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:09 pm

You guys seem to forget it's just a rumor, yes there's a chance of it being delayed in NA too, but until Nintendo confirms it, there's really no reason to worry about it. If it is delayed, that'll be disappointing. But I can't really see that happening now, they would've announced a delayed release awhile ago. It's planned for release next month, if it's delayed they need to announce that quickly.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:30 pm

Well, we saw what happened with Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
    I just hope it releases this year.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:52 pm

^ True, now that I'm looking back at it, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was delayed October of last year. The same thing could always happen I suppose. Although, because they already announced it was delayed in Europe, I still want to think they wouldn't do that.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:44 am

PR email wrote:
    Never one to be overlooked, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was a critical and crowd favorite during the E3 Expo video game trade show in June. The game launches Dec. 5 at a suggested retail price of $39.99 and lets players take control of intrepid explorer Captain Toad as he sets off on adventures like exploring a haunted house or escaping a smoldering volcano. Even though Toad characters have appeared in video games since the original Super Mario Bros. game on NES, this is the first time that one of them gets top billing. The game will also support select amiibo figures in 2015.

This is great news since the game is only $40 and it will not get over shadowed by Smash and Pokemon since it comes out 2 weeks later.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:03 pm

See, what did I say? It's not delayed, it's releasing this year, December 5th. And if it was more than $40 I wouldn't be buying it. Razz XD I'm glad it has that fairly cheap price tag. That's a good price for a game like this.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Post by Kinopio Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Indeed, looks like it was a false alarm! xD

December 5th? Dang, that's a day right after my birthday too! Well, I might have to get the Wii U by Christmas, but I'll definitely be picking up Captain Toad on launch day in that case! Very Happy

I just hope we get a new direct about it soon. The game severely needs more information now.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:01 pm

2-Player mode with Captain Toadette has been confirmed! The game includes over 70 stages. Here's the Japanese overview trailer.

Awesome! I called the 2-player mode with Captain Toadette a long while back. (actually, I called it before this game was even confirmed to exist itself Razz XD) I think it looks fantastic! Makes me way more excited.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Gameguy1996 Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:04 pm

The website is also open.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/akbj/

That cool how Toadette is also playable and 70 puzzles for just $40 sounds like a great deal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:41 pm