The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Luma Party
Winters Thief Zero
Gameguy1996
commanderedgeworth
Nino
9 posters

Mario Party 10

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Mario - Mario Party 10 - Page 3 Empty Re: Mario Party 10

Post by Luma Party Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Brawl had a story...
    This Smash didn't most likely because they needed to make it seriously multiplayer so the Wii U wouldn't fall of a cliff...
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:01 am

I actually liked the style of MP1/MP2/MP6 where there was no story mode. (MP6 had a solo mode, but that's a completely different thing! And I don't consider Minigame Island/Coaster a story mode)

People usually buy Mario Party to play it with real friends (ESPECIALLY since there is NO ONLINE), not to just play the game with the CPUs. Playing it in a simplified style like Mario Party 5/7/8 wasn't bad, but trying to play a complete party with the CPUs like in Mario Party 3/4/9 is just a chore for me.

That's especially annoying when you have to restart when you lose. I would just prefer to unlock characters/boards by collecting several points/stars, really. And though there was a story on these games, it wasn't really interesting to motivate me play the story mode, really. And I'm sure that if there was a story mode in MP10, it would be in a tedious style as same as MP9, since hardly anything was changed in the main party mode.

But the rest of the game is still bad. It's like Tingle playing a party game.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Here is the Mario Party 10 Kids Choice Awards Commercial:

Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:31 am

Spoiler:

Woo my game finally arrived.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:34 am

The game seems like a failure again. The ones played the game mostly said the car mode is pretty much not improved from the prequel. They even said they were looking forward to Bowser Party, but it turned out to be really unfair between Bowser and the four players. Also, the ones thought Amiibo Party was just boring to hell. Really, I now feel sympathy for people who bought it on full price.
    Polar
    Polar
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 611
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Paper Mario

Post by Polar Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:38 am

Nessness wrote:The game seems like a failure again. The ones played the game mostly said the car mode is pretty much not improved from the prequel. They even said they were looking forward to Bowser Party, but it turned out to be really unfair between Bowser and the four players. Also, the ones thought Amiibo Party was just boring to hell. Really, I now feel sympathy for people who bought it on full price.
    Yeah I'm going to have to agree. I haven't played much but it already looks disappointing. 

Here are some thoughts so far: 
    -The game looks pretty nice 
    -Only 5 boards is disappointing 
    -Bowser Party only has 10 mini-games, a low amount considering it's the main selling point
    -The computer is still a cheating bastard 
    -Car mode is still boring 
    -I really wish I could use the Pro controller instead of a wii mote 
    -You can really tell this game was made in like 2-4 months, feels very rushed
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:22 am

Okay, Nessness, before you go complaining about games, play them.
    You're in no position to judge.

However, I find, the minigames are poorly done.
    The boards are well-designed but short.
    They missed the boat on the minigames.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:30 am

And what have I been saying about this game pre-release? Razz

In all honesty I've really enjoyed some of these games in multiplayer, but all of the things you guys said are true, even just looking at trailers, it looks incredibly boring...they obviously didn't spend much time working on it and it shows. Maybe it could've been better if they didn't release a new game every year for the longest time.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Post by Nessness Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:57 am

Here are some people's thoughts, by the way.

From MasaeAnela wrote:So I tried Mario Party 10 tonight with @chuggaaconroy... Amiibo Party was pretty bad and pretty much played itself. Bowser Party is a fun concept thay I really, REALLY want to like-- but it was stupidly unbalanced. The core Mario Party mode is pretty fun I guess, fixes some things that was wrong with Mario Party 9... But I still hate the car mechanic. IN THE END, we loaded up this (Mario Party 2) instead. Much more fun was had.

From Brent Black wrote:Played Mario Party 10. I don't recommend it unless you actually are 10. And hate minigames. And love dice.

From Gametrailers wrote:REVIEW: #MarioParty10  Board game? More like bored game...

Luma Party wrote:Okay, Nessness, before you go complaining about games, play them.
    You're in no position to judge.

I don't get why you are saying this, Luma.

I never complained about the game, I just shared my opinions about the various other people who played the game. I also said 'It seems', not 'I think' or complaining or things like that. That came from a very good thing that I use called Twitter. And what's just wrong about that?

And even that doesn't matter. Why can't I judge games without playing it? You can still think about the good and bad parts of the game by just watching the gameplay videos or reading various articles about it. Really, most people in the world decide if I am going to buy video games or not by watching the gameplay videos, because they are reliable and you could make good choices by them! 

You say I'm in no position to judge, but I don't think so. And figuring out if the car mode has actually improved or if the balance between players fair is a thing you can clearly do without actually playing the game. Seriously, you can even feel the boredom of this game when you even don't play the game! Don't just think that people who don't have real games are saying nothing but piece of trash.

Oh, and remember I can't play Mario Party 10 in any way since NoK won't release the damn Wii U.

0 wrote:And what have I been saying about this game pre-release? Mario - Mario Party 10 - Page 3 253468018 

In all honesty I've really enjoyed some of these games in multiplayer, but all of the things you guys said are true, even just looking at trailers, it looks incredibly boring...they obviously didn't spend much time working on it and it shows. Maybe it could've been better if they didn't release a new game every year for the longest time.

Yeah, the minigames were the strong point of Mario Party 9 and Island Tour, so I never knew that ND Cube was going to flop the minigames this time. So both the board game play and the minigames are bad? I now really feel the sympathy for all Twitter people who played this game for full price.

Polar wrote:Yeah I'm going to have to agree. I haven't played much but it already looks disappointing. 

Here are some thoughts so far: 
    -The game looks pretty nice 
    -Only 5 boards is disappointing 
    -Bowser Party only has 10 mini-games, a low amount considering it's the main selling point
    -The computer is still a cheating bastard 
    -Car mode is still boring 
    -I really wish I could use the Pro controller instead of a wii mote 
    -You can really tell this game was made in like 2-4 months, feels very rushed

Yeah, from watching the gameplay videos, all of them seems true. I especially agree with the 2-4 months part.[/quote]
    Soupy
    Soupy
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

User Points : 413
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : 3DS FC: 0189-9067-5963

Post by Soupy Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:57 am

I think Mario Party 10 was a lot better than MP9, especially with the addition of Bowser Party. I do wish that the boards in Amiibo were more complex rather than a square board. I do miss MP1-8 that had each character move separately and collect stars instead of Mini Stars.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:58 am