The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Games That Don't Fit Their Franchise

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Games That Don't Fit Their Franchise Empty Games That Don't Fit Their Franchise

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:01 am

Are there any games that you think don't make sense to be in a certain series or franchise?

I have way too many to mention, so I'll just go with a few that don't fit their series even more than the others.

Star Fox Adventures isn't even a Star Fox game. I know it originally wasn't supposed to be anyway, but I feel like it should've been left that way to be honest. (not that the game is bad, it just would make more sense as something separate)

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts on 360, they changed it from platforming/adventure to building cars...There is literally nothing at all in this game that has anything to do with the first two Banjo-Kazooie games, so I don't see why it has that name. Razz

To be honest, while there are a lot of other games I'd say are quite different from previous games in their series, I still think that they "fit" that series. Like with Kirby's Epic Yarn, it's nothing at all like most other Kirby games, but it still feels like I'm playing a Kirby game.
    Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Games That Don't Fit Their Franchise Empty Re: Games That Don't Fit Their Franchise

Post by Nino Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:37 am

Mario Party Advance just doesn't seem like Mario Party at all and felt more like a modernized Game and Watch.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Games That Don't Fit Their Franchise Empty Re: Games That Don't Fit Their Franchise

Post by queenzelda Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:12 pm

I'd say for me those games would be Pokemon Rangers as from what I've seen of the game play for it; it just doesn't play the same as the main Pokemon series does. Same with the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games really.

Another example of how different a game is from the others in the series I'd say would be Paper Mario: Sticker Star since it plays nothing like any of the others before it released.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:16 pm

^ I feel like while Paper Mario: Sticker Star plays nothing at all like the others, it makes a lot of sense for it to be a Paper Mario game. The entire setting being made out of paper and cardboard, the stickers, characters, enemies, etc. all from Paper Mario. So I don't see how it doesn't fit the series, it just plays differently. At least in my opinion.

Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:29 pm

The original Jak and Daxter, after the sequels turned it into a gun and car franchise, it really made the first one feel like it doesn't belong within due to its different genre.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Street Fighter 2010 lol
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Kirby's Epic Yarn and Starfox Adventures though both games did start development as totally separate games. 

The Donkey Kong arcade series and the Donkey Kong Country series both seem very different when compiled into one general DK series as well.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Final Fantasy XIII. I realize that every FF installment is supposed to be different but Lightning's quest was definitely the oddball. I did like the game's more action-oriented approach though, and didn't mind the linear design. It shouldn't have been called a Final Fantasy game though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:27 am