The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Why are some Wii U games in red cases?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Why are some Wii U games in red cases? Empty Why are some Wii U games in red cases?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Does anyone know why some Wii U games have red cases? There doesn't really seem to be any reason for there to be. Mario Kart 8 had it, and now Super Mario 3D World is being rereleased with the red case as well. Is it just because they're Mario and Mario's main color is red? Razz I don't think it looks as good as the blue cases since they're keeping the blue Wii U logo.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Why are some Wii U games in red cases? Empty Re: Why are some Wii U games in red cases?

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:47 pm

I think that Nintendo is trying to put the games that will sell good in red boxes so that they stand out and I can also see Smash Bros Wii U getting a red case at some point.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Why are some Wii U games in red cases? Empty Re: Why are some Wii U games in red cases?

Post by queenzelda Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:34 am

Hmm I wonder about something.. Ah ha, I was right. Hehe; according to a blog I found color affects how people purchase things.

Red: The color red increases heart rate & creates the need of urgency. sauce 

Here's another example of the same color on another site I found;

RED. Physical
    Positive: Physical courage, strength, warmth, energy, basic survival, 'fight or flight', stimulation, masculinity, excitement.
    Negative: Defiance, aggression, visual impact, strain.

Being the longest wavelength, red is a powerful color. Although not technically the most visible, it has the property of appearing to be nearer than it is and therefore it grabs our attention first. Hence its effectiveness in traffic lights the world over. Its effect is physical; it stimulates us and raises the pulse rate, giving the impression that time is passing faster than it is. It relates to the masculine principle and can activate the "fight or flight" instinct. Red is strong, and very basic. Pure red is the simplest color, with no subtlety. It is stimulating and lively, very friendly. At the same time, it can be perceived as demanding and aggressive. sauce

So it looks to me that the color red on some level or another is being used to try to persuade the buyer into buying said item with it's color thus why some Wii U games are in the red color.
    commanderedgeworth
    commanderedgeworth
    Deku
    Deku

User Points : 189

Post by commanderedgeworth Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:13 am

It's freaking Mario. Clearly it's the blood he's shed over the years. The Wii version of NSMB was red as well but I can't remember if anything else was too. He's a prizefighter.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:11 am

They stand out more.
    Plus the fact, well it's Mario....
    If you look into a bunch of Wii I games, the red cases stand out.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:25 am

Yeah it probably is just that they stand out more. But maybe they did choose that specific color because of what Queen said. I do wonder why only Mario games are in the red cases though, if that's true.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:40 pm