The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Marowak
Winters Thief Zero
6 posters

Have you ever bought a different game than you intended?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Have you ever bought a different game than you intended? Empty Have you ever bought a different game than you intended?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:36 pm

When you go to either a game store or website to purchase a game, do you ever wind up getting a different game than you intended?

I have done this, once or twice. I was going out to purchase Pokemon Black (since I heard it was good and I hadn't played Pokemon in forever) but I wound up getting Super Smash Bros. Brawl instead, because it was on sale for a really cheap price. And I never even got Pokemon Black, ever. Razz I've probably done this a couple of times.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Have you ever bought a different game than you intended? Empty Re: Have you ever bought a different game than you intended?

Post by Marowak Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Generally I do it if the game I wanted wasn't there and that's really the only reason why.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Have you ever bought a different game than you intended? Empty Re: Have you ever bought a different game than you intended?

Post by queenzelda Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:22 pm

I've actually bought a game due to how cheap it is with out intending to purchase a game that day AT ALL. that happened to me when I bought Skylanders Giants for the Wii U (for $20) & Mushroom Men for the Wii ($7). Both games were great deals & wonderful finds. (Impo)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:21 pm

^ Yeah, I've done that too. Some games you wouldn't expect to be too great, but then getting them for a sale price, they might actually be better than you expected. At least for me. XD
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:59 am

I once intended to buy Sonic Heroes for the PC, but since that game wasn't available on the stores, I bought Sonic Riders instead. (And I ended up failing at the story mode of riders. XD)
    Kyng
    Kyng
    Ness
    Ness

User Points : 1295

Post by Kyng Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:26 pm

I don't think I have done. The closest I've done is bought games when I wasn't intending to do so (like Queen), and not bought anything when I was intending to (usually because it's sold out or Steam isn't working).

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:58 pm

There was a case of mistaken identity when I attempted to buy the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time at Amazon. It was advertised as such and instead of getting that version, I got the N64 original instead. I didn't bother to complain since I have a N64 so I just played it on there. Razz
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:37 pm

^ Lol, well I would've complained to Amazon, it's possible they would've given you a complete refund on it. (maybe not, but it's more likely than if you don't talk to them at all Razz)

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:58 pm

I would if I didn't have an N64, but since I did I figured it was pointless. I just enjoyed what I got. Razz
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Hmm...I think I looked for Pokemon Colosseum at one point of time several years back, but couldn't find the game at my local Zellers (or now known as Target). I instead got Animal Crossing for the GameCube and never regretted my choice. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:38 am