The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
TheFrozenFairy
Winters Thief Zero
6 posters

Save Files

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Save Files Empty Save Files

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:25 pm

I've always found it odd that some games have less save files than others. (or even just one) Does it really take up much more data on the cartridge/disc to add in extra files? I think every game should have 3-4 save files. Personally I hate to delete my completed (or nearly complete) files because I like having them there showing I've finished the game. And for handheld games, I often let other people play them, so there's less files for me. So when some games have 1 or 2 save files, it annoys me. I've seen others that have like 100 files, and they still don't seem to take up that much data. Razz What's up with that?

What are your thoughts?
    TheFrozenFairy
    TheFrozenFairy

Custom Title : Frigid Fairy of the Forest

User Points : 993

Save Files Empty Re: Save Files

Post by TheFrozenFairy Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:57 pm

I love having three or more save files for myself and sometimes for friends and family to use. I'm not sure what's up with multiple save files and how much space it takes up. I hate how Majora's Mask only has two files. I've read that the Japanese version has three save files but lacks the quicksave feature. I guess that has to do with space, but I don't know. I enjoy 100% completing games but I don't like having to delete save files to go through the game again. It's not too bad with three or more files but it bugs me with Majora's Mask. There is games like Pokémon where I don't need more than one.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:03 pm

^ Really? Pokémon is one where I always thought it was insane to only have one save file. It's likely to make more people purchase both versions of the game, so that they can play through it without messing up the other file. You have to pay full price for the game again in order to do that. :/
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:17 pm

^Or you could just erase your old file & play through Pokemon again. Pokemon games could never get messed up with the save before you catch rule. ;D But yea; having a Pokemon game with 2 saves a cart would be a HUGE money saver for families who make their kids share their games.

I usually have at least two different saves one where I can see the ending & another where in it I can do extra stuff in the game. (Like side quests & the like.) But I only tend to have two separate LoZ files at a time anyway. I use one to have 100% completion usually.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:25 pm

I don't see the point in having more then 2 save files and It would be cool if Pokemon had one extra save file but, with Pokemon Bank it's not that big of a deal really.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:32 pm

I'll only ever need 2 files.
    Maybe 3, it just depends on the game.
    Kinopio
    Kinopio
    Fox McCloud
    Fox McCloud

Custom Title : "Time for adventure!~"
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 680
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA)

Post by Kinopio Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Zero Revolution wrote:^ Really? Pokémon is one where I always thought it was insane to only have one save file. It's likely to make more people purchase both versions of the game, so that they can play through it without messing up the other file. You have to pay full price for the game again in order to do that. :/
    ^This so much.

I've always wished for the mainline Pokemon games to have 2-3 save slots. It would be very convenient and definitely would save a lot of money. 

I dunno, I'm not really into the competitive field of Pokemon so I generally get bored once I defeat the storyline of the main games. Though it always is difficult parting from the Pokemon you've trained in exchange for a new file. Indeed, Pokemon Bank is now available - but such an option wasn't available in the original games. 

Till the day Gamefreak adds in those extra save slots. Those Pokemon game cartridges have a surprising amount of empty space too! :0
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:49 pm

^ Yeah that's what kind of why I want to know how much data more files really take up. I mean, using the 3DS as an example because of Pokemon, I can back up a save file which will take up a total of 1, maybe 2 blocks on my 3DS system memory. The game itself would download and take up thousands and thousands of blocks. You'd be joking if you said it wouldn't be possible to take up ONE more block on the cart or download file just to add in another save file. It's why I just don't understand why most games barely have any files.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Kingdom Hearts has 99 save slots lol, so does the PS2 version of CoM and Kingdom Hearts 2. I always find that highly unneccessary considering I only use like maybe 2 of the slots on there. Plus, a full PS2 memory card couldn't handle 99 of those saves! So it's really quite pointless!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 am