The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Zero's Top 5 Game Boy Advance Games

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Zero's Top 5 Game Boy Advance Games Empty Zero's Top 5 Game Boy Advance Games

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:49 pm

A lot of top 5's lately, this is my list of Top 5 Game Boy Advance games! I love the GBA, but my list is likely quite different from most. I'll go ahead and say right now, there is no Pokemon, as I never played the gen 3 games on GBA. There is also no Golden Sun as, although I've played and enjoyed what I have, but I haven't even nearly finished it, so I don't think it should be on here. And just in general most of these games aren't what most people would pick. XD

Anyway, here it is:

#5. WarioWare: Twisted!

I know this is high for a WarioWare game, but Twisted was very cool and unique from anything I'd played at the time. It uses a gyrosensor built into the game cartridge to control the game and play through the microgames. And the microgames are also quite interesting in the game, and kept me playing for quite some time.

#4. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

One of my favorite Kirby games, it basically combines the Metroidvania style of game with classic Kirby gameplay, and works really well. It's fun even when I have to replay through parts of levels over again to find secrets, just because I am finding new areas.

#3. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Obviously I was going to put a Fire Emblem game on this list, and decided to go with Sacred Stones. It feels better to me. Sacred Stones is really enjoyable, even if punishing in difficulty. (as all FE games tend to be) The characters are interesting and the game is really strategic. It can take awhile to figure out how to finish a map.

#2. Advance Wars

I LOVE Advance Wars to death, even the tutorial at the beginning of the game is fun, that's how great it is. Razz It's difficult, but so much fun to play whether alone or in multiplayer. And there's a TON of maps to play on, so it lasts a really long time.

#1. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

A Mario RPG tops my list again. Superstar Saga definitely isn't my favorite of the Mario and Luigi series, but as the original game, it's fantastic. The dialogue is funny, the characters are as well, and hell, even the story is interesting and funny. (which is surprising for a Mario game) But most of all the battle system works really well, and the levels are fun to explore. So it's my favorite Game Boy Advance game.

I guess I'll do honorable mentions again. Obviously, Metroid Fusion isn't on my list. Although it's one of my favorite Metroid games, I just preferred a lot of other GBA games to it. Even so it's fantastic, and one of my favorites on the system. Mario vs. Donkey Kong is also a great puzzle game and the only Mario vs. DK game I really enjoyed.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Zero's Top 5 Game Boy Advance Games Empty Re: Zero's Top 5 Game Boy Advance Games

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:47 am

I agree with most of those games. Though I would have a Pokemon game inn my top 5 over WarioWare: Twisted.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Zero's Top 5 Game Boy Advance Games Empty Re: Zero's Top 5 Game Boy Advance Games

Post by Nessness Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:12 am

No Minish Cap? Aww...
    Anyways, I agree with your list. The #1 game you picked is very fun.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:06 pm

^ I honestly didn't enjoy Minish Cap all that much, it's certainly not bad by any means, it's just not a game I ever really wanted to go back to. (or not much anyway)

I knew my list would be different from most people, though.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Not that Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga isn't great but it wouldn't be my number one gba title. My number one title would be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. :3
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:46 pm

^ Well of course it's just my list. And like I said mine is probably way different from most other people. XD I've never played ANY Final Fantasy Tactics game, I should really try it out at some point though. Who knows, maybe it'd be my number 1 as well if I played that one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:07 am