The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Rumor more characters unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version?

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Rumor more characters unlocked by  linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version?  Empty Rumor more characters unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version?

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:32 am

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he’s still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I’m taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we’re talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I’m not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

Source

I guess it would make sense there's 4 open spots on the 3DS character select screen after everyone is unlocked and I always thought that the connectivity between the games had more to it.

Here's a picture of what the roster could look like if this is true.

Spoiler:
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Rumor more characters unlocked by  linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version?  Empty Re: Rumor more characters unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:09 pm

I wouldn't put it past them, it only makes sense. If this is the case, I will most certainly try to get both versions of the game if I can.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 am