The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities - Page 2 Empty Re: A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:17 am

I think Hammer and Wheel will win and go to the finals.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities - Page 2 Empty Re: A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities

Post by Nessness Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:31 pm

Day 5
    Now only four copy abilities are left. It's time for the semi-finals!
    The losers of today's matches won't drop out immediately today. Instead, they will face off in a consolation match which will determine the third and the fourth place abilities.
    Now, let's begin.

Round 26: Wheel v. Cutter

Wheel wrote:Day 1/2
    Wheel is a very fun ability to use. You can turn into a very fast wheel and plow through the levels! I just really like speeding up in video games. (That is why I really like the Sonic series.) While it is easy to fall into bottomless pits with Wheel, it can be avoided through cautious steering.

Day 3
    Though I said Freeze was a bit more fun than Spark, I don't really find it a fun ability in general. Wheel does a better job in giving me fun. Both of them are pretty equal on strength, so the more fun one has to win. Wheel goes up, and Freeze gets kicked out.

Day 4
    While it was fun to go beat enemies freely with the UFO, I found plowing everything through Wheel was a bit more fun. Also, I didn't mention this before, but you were not able to change directions while charging with UFO. This could be a problem, since many enemies could attack you from backwards. Due to that reason, it is pretty hard to use the full-charged attack with UFO, since you will lose UFO if you take damage. I didn't find that kind of big problem in Wheel, really. Anyways, Wheel goes to the semi-finals, and UFO gets kicked out.

Cutter wrote:Day 1/2
    Cutter is a very nice weapon to have. While I don't find it amazingly strong like it is in the later games, it is still fun to throw boomerang like blades at your opponents. The fact that its reaction is pretty quick also helps, that it almost nullifies the fact that its range is pretty short.

Day 3
    This was a hard one to decide. However, Cutter wins this because first, when enemies surround you while using Stone, it is often hard to escape and gain no damage. Second, throwing blades is a bit faster than pounding and crushing your enemies. So, Cutter goes up, and Stone gets kicked out.

Day 4
    While I still really like the fact that Parasol is usable underwater, Cutter is more useful while dealing with enemies. It's pretty much because first, you can throw multiple blades at a time, and second, it actually has a range, so you don't have to go very close to the enemy. (I know, the range is pretty short, but it is still pretty enough to take out enemies.) Cutter goes to the Semifinals, and Parasol gets kicked out.

Both of these abilities are really fun to use on their own ways, and their power are both great as well. But Cutter wins this one, due to the fact that you could possibily run into bottomless pits if you don't control your wheel well. Also, you couldn't really attack air enemies while you were using Wheel, and that was a minor problem. I had a bit more fun with Cutter, so Cutter goes to the Finals, and Wheel goes to the Consolation Match.

Round 27: Fireball v. Hammer

Fireball wrote:Day 1/2
    I really liked Fireball. (Burning in the later Kirby games) Plowing through the enemies, blocks, or bosses while you are on air was one of the most fun parts on Kirby for me. Really, who can't hate an ability which grants the user invincibility while getting to dash forward in the air?

Day 3
    While both Fireball and Tornado are fun to use, Fireball gets a bonus point for being invincible whle plowing throw enemies. And that invincibility doesn't make Fireball overpowered as it does in Tornado, so Fireball wins this round. Fireball goes up, and Sword gets kicked out.

Day 4
    While I like both of these abilties (they are both immensely fun, as I said on previous three days), Fireball is better because 1, It is actually pretty useful on boss fights, unlike Throw. And 2, Fireball is better in protecting yourself due to the invincibilty it gives you. So Fireball goes to the semi-finals, and Throw gets kicked out.

Hammer wrote:Day 1/2
    Hammer is just amazing! While it doesn't have all the fierce extra moves you can do with the later games, its usability and power is very high. Even bosses can be destroyed measly with this hammer of death! It is also usable underwater, making it even better. You also need to use hammer to solve most puzzles, like the areas you need to peg the wooden block to open the way.

Day 3
    As I said in these rounds, I think Hammer is pretty amazing, while Tornado is overpowered. Some of you might ask me why I think Tornado is more overpowered than Hammer. That's because you are invincible while you are using Tornado, but you can get hit by enemies if you are careless if you are using hammer. Since I don't really like overpowered abilities, Hammer goes up, and Tornado gets kicked out.

Day 4
    Both of these abilities have great functions. I think I explained most of them on the previous three days, so I won't really elaborate on them this time. So, who wins? Hammer wins this just because it can peg wooden blocks, abling you to solve puzzles. The fact that it is usable underwater is also good, but I didn't count that since you'll hardly get to use Mike underwater. Hammer goes to the semi-finals, and Mike gets kicked out, sadly.

Both of these abilities are amazingly fun and helpful to use, since Fireball gives you bursting speed and invincibility, and Hammer gives you immense strength to beat up your abilities. However, Hammer wins again due to its puzzle solving aspects. While Fireball could only go through areas which are pretty narrow for Normal Kirby to go, Hammer was more versatile. You could use it underwater, you could peg wodden blocks, and overall, Hammer made puzzle-solving much easier. So, Hammer goes to the finals, and Fireball goes to the consolation match.

So, Semi-Finals are finished. Now for the results.

Day 5- Semifinals
    1. Fireball v. Hammer
    2. Wheel v. Cutter

Day 5- Consolation Match
    Fireball v. Wheel

Day 6- Finals
    Hammer v. Cutter

So, let's start the Consolation Match! It will determine the ability which gets the third place.

Round 28: Fireball v. Wheel

Actually, these abilities share one thing in common. They provide you with bursting speed, and invincibilty when you use it. The have their own strengths as well. While Wheel can be controlled while you are using it, Fireball doesn't have to be used on the ground. So, who is the winner?

I give Fireball the win in this match. It's because 1. As I said before, if you control Wheel carelessly, you will go down to the bottomless pit. And 2. I think getting able to use Fireball on any height is a bit more versatile than getting to change your direction with Wheel. So Wheel gets 4th place, and Fireball gets 3rd place.

And so, the Semi-Finals ended. Now the only thing left is the grand match of Hammer and Cutter. Who will win? It will be found out in the next episode.
    King Dedede Stay tuned for the next day. Also, vote on the poll. Thank you. KIRBY!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:38 pm

It's hard to decide, but I think my personal favorite of the two is Cutter, not that Hammer is bad, but Cutter is more useful. (although, considering this is just based on what the abilities do in Kirby's Adventure, Hammer is probably better, Cutter doesn't do much in that game...)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Sleep is going to win.  I think Hammer has this one so I voted for it again but, Cuter might just pull out on top.
    Nessness
    Nessness
    Nessness Ness
    Nessness Ness

Custom Title : Ness + Awesomeness = Nessness
    User Points : 732

Post by Nessness Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:09 am

Final Day
    It's time for the finals! Which ability will win, Cutter or Hammer? We are going to find it out today. Let's see the poll results first.

Cutter: 1 vote
    Hammer: 2 votes
    Sleep: Zero votes

Now, let's start the match.

FINAL ROUND: Cutter v. Hammer

Cutter wrote:Day 1/2
    Cutter is a very nice weapon to have. While I don't find it amazingly strong like it is in the later games, it is still fun to throw boomerang like blades at your opponents. The fact that its reaction is pretty quick also helps, that it almost nullifies the fact that its range is pretty short.

Day 3
    This was a hard one to decide. However, Cutter wins this because first, when enemies surround you while using Stone, it is often hard to escape and gain no damage. Second, throwing blades is a bit faster than pounding and crushing your enemies. So, Cutter goes up, and Stone gets kicked out.

Day 4
    While I still really like the fact that Parasol is usable underwater, Cutter is more useful while dealing with enemies. It's pretty much because first, you can throw multiple blades at a time, and second, it actually has a range, so you don't have to go very close to the enemy. (I know, the range is pretty short, but it is still pretty enough to take out enemies.) Cutter goes to the Semifinals, and Parasol gets kicked out.

Day 5
    Both of these abilities are really fun to use on their own ways, and their power are both great as well. But Cutter wins this one, due to the fact that you could possibily run into bottomless pits if you don't control your wheel well. Also, you couldn't really attack air enemies while you were using Wheel, and that was a minor problem. I had a bit more fun with Cutter, so Cutter goes to the Finals, and Wheel goes to the Consolation Match.

Hammer wrote:Day 1/2
    Hammer is just amazing! While it doesn't have all the fierce extra moves you can do with the later games, its usability and power is very high. Even bosses can be destroyed measly with this hammer of death! It is also usable underwater, making it even better. You also need to use hammer to solve most puzzles, like the areas you need to peg the wooden block to open the way.

Day 3
    As I said in these rounds, I think Hammer is pretty amazing, while Tornado is overpowered. Some of you might ask me why I think Tornado is more overpowered than Hammer. That's because you are invincible while you are using Tornado, but you can get hit by enemies if you are careless if you are using hammer. Since I don't really like overpowered abilities, Hammer goes up, and Tornado gets kicked out.

Day 4
    Both of these abilities have great functions. I think I explained most of them on the previous three days, so I won't really elaborate on them this time. So, who wins? Hammer wins this just because it can peg wooden blocks, abling you to solve puzzles. The fact that it is usable underwater is also good, but I didn't count that since you'll hardly get to use Mike underwater. Hammer goes to the semi-finals, and Mike gets kicked out, sadly.

Day 5
    Both of these abilities are amazingly fun and helpful to use, since Fireball gives you bursting speed and invincibility, and Hammer gives you immense strength to beat up your abilities. However, Hammer wins again due to its puzzle solving aspects. While Fireball could only go through areas which are pretty narrow for Normal Kirby to go, Hammer was more versatile. You could use it underwater, you could peg wodden blocks, and overall, Hammer made puzzle-solving much easier. So, Hammer goes to the finals, and Fireball goes to the consolation match.

I elaborated that both of these abilities are very fun to use before. And they have their own strengths as well. While Hammer is stronger than Cutter, throwing blades with Cutter is a bit faster than whacking enemies with hammer. Also, while you can use Hammer underwater and to solve puzzles, Cutter has a range, so you can hit enemies when you are far away from them.

All right, after I reveal the winner, I'll explain the reason why I made it win. Let's reveal the winner.

The..

Winner..

Of..

The..

Match..

Is..

SLEEP!

There's nothing better than watching your adorable pink pluff sleeping. And I don't get why this ability gets so much hate, since Kirby should get beauty rests all the time to get fluffier. There should be a game called Ultimate Kirby, where the only copy ability is Sleep. Hammer and Cutter are no match to this.

So, Sleep wins the entire tournament. Did you enjoy the tournament? I hope you did, because I really loved creating this tournament as well.

King Dedede Thank you, and we'll return for another red episode later.  KIRBY!

Next Red Episode Trailer

mad Toadette!
    Face Palm!
    Facehoof
    affraid
    Evil or Very Mad
    A tournament of Kirby's Copy Abilities - Page 2 Smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow

All right, all right.. That was a joke.
    Let's stop this non-sense and go back to the real tournament.

While Hammer is immensely strong, can be used to solve puzzles, and can be used underwater, I thought Cutter does better what copy abilities should do- giving me fun to beat up enemies. While Hammer also gave me fun, I liked Cutter a bit better since 1. Cutter is very fast, so it can make you beat up many enemies in one time. Also, 2. I could attack air-borne enemies a bit more easier with Cutter, and so it gave me a bit more freedom for me, which I really liked. These two things made Cutter so fun to use, that it even beats Hammer's strength and versatility. So, without a doubt, the winner of the whole tournament is..

VICTOR: Cutter

King Dedede And that's the end of the tournament. Thank you for all the viewers who enjoyed this talk. We will return with fresher episodes next time, so take care and see you later. Goodbye~ KIRBY!

Next Red Episode Trailer
    I love the Mega Drive. Sure, it is called Genesis in America, but let's face it, the name Mega Drive is cooler, lol.
    The next Red Episode is going to be a countdown of my top five Megadrive Games.

Ness Stay tuned for the next episode, it won't dissapoint you as always. YOSHI!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Lol, I'm surprised I didn't realize that was a joke at first! That was a good trick Nessness. I think Cutter deserves it, it's one of the best abilities. Although I prefer a lot of them from more recent games. Razz
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:39 am

Cutter is the more helpful one in more places so I'm not shocked that it won. I can't wait to see your top 5 Mega Drive games though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:33 am