The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
queenzelda
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
7 posters

Did you use the Experience Share?

Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Did you use the Experience Share? Empty Did you use the Experience Share?

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:13 pm

Now that you are given an option, did you use the Experience Share in Pokemon ORAS?

I did use it for a small period of time after getting it, before realizing it makes the game a bit too easy for my tastes. I now have it off and am just going through it as you normally would play Pokemon. I do think it's definitely a nice addition though, I don't remember there being an option in X/Y as I did use it for that entire game.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Did you use the Experience Share? Empty Re: Did you use the Experience Share?

Post by Gameguy1996 Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:35 pm

I'm I used it for most of the game since I used hard to train Pokemon and there was a option to turn it off in X and Y.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:28 pm

Hell yea. Back in the GBA days you could only use the experience share once per Pokemon that you were trying to lvl up. So having the option to give all 'mon in my party a chance to lvl up is a great addition impo.
    Nino
    Nino
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

Custom Title : Do my best!
    User Points : 1420
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon Ultra Sun

Post by Nino Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:57 pm

I've used it to quickly level up everyone to L100.
    Soupy
    Soupy
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong

User Points : 413
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : 3DS FC: 0189-9067-5963

Post by Soupy Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:10 pm

Oh yeah I uused it, My pokemon were like 10 levels higher then the next gym leader lol. Way better than grinding.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Custom Title : Always a way!

User Points : 1604
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Pokemon: Black and White

Post by Dark Jester Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:18 am

Not judging anyone who does use it... I mean, we're at a whole new generation of gamers who like to do things quicker and simpler, not many kids today want to spend their time grinding or being faced by too much of a challenge... and that's why the EXP Share is designed that way for these Gen 6 games. 

However, maybe I'm just old fashioned but I feel it takes away from a series that's already going down a route of being too simple. I personally play with it off because I like to feel I worked for my wins. 
    Even the Audino trick from Gen 5 required you to actually put the time in to gain out of it... but this EXP Share is just WAY too cheap for me. 

It does come with some perks though, like I would happily use it if I wanted to EV a whole team of Pokemon at the same time... that's pretty rad!
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:27 am

^ Well, personally, I don't see how the Experience Share makes the game more "simple". Sure, it's easier as you're not having to grind as much, but if anything it makes it more complex, as it's really just giving players more options on how they want to play. At least it's optional.
    Marowak
    Marowak
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Custom Title : Mari
    User Points : 2927
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Legend of Metroid Emblem Bros Story X/Y

Post by Marowak Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:39 am

Zero the fact you really don't have to grind at all shows how much simpler it makes it, which is really  if you really don't want to grind.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:40 am

The simple remark was more taken from the reasoning things like the Battle Frontier isn't included in OR/AS; which can be seen here. The game is full of little oddities to make the game less complex, like being able to find better IV'd Pokemon with egg moves, the EXP Share is just one of a few. (Even Shiny Pokemon were made less rare) 

I can see what you're saying though, a lot of these have options to be turned off, or even just be flat out ignored. The choice you can argue is complex, but what the result could be really isn't.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:43 am

Well, I suppose you're right in that aspect of it. When making use of the options it is more simple to level up and whatnot, but the challenge still seems to be there for those who want it. Really it's a win-win situation, and this has been the case in at least a few other Nintendo titles as well.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:52 am

Winters Thief Zero wrote:Well, I suppose you're right in that aspect of it. When making use of the options it is more simple to level up and whatnot, but the challenge still seems to be there for those who want it. Really it's a win-win situation, and this has been the case in at least a few other Nintendo titles as well.

I think the point I'm trying to frame is that even without the EXP Share the game has too many little shortcuts and buffs to help you along, if it's not that it's something else. 

Although it's a win-win situation... it's not quite as win as I'd want it for my side, haha! (Talking more X/Y than OR/AS at this point)
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:57 am

Well, I think they're just trying to appeal to the masses more. It is a little disappointing that they're removing some of the challenge old school fans like, but this way probably has more universal appeal.
    Dark Jester
    Dark Jester
    Ness
    Ness

Post by Dark Jester Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:07 am

Winters Thief Zero wrote:Well, I think they're just trying to appeal to the masses more. It is a little disappointing that they're removing some of the challenge old school fans like, but this way probably has more universal appeal.

That's exactly my point from the first post I made, they're trying to appeal to a new generation of gamers or else they're not going to sell half as many copies. 

It's nice they do try to do it in a way where we can turn it off though, but if the core of the feel/challenge of the game isn't there... then it's just not a full "win"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 am