The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Luma's Analysis

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Luma's Analysis  Empty Luma's Analysis

Post by Luma Party Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:11 pm

This is a topic I'll come back to every now and then.

Anyways, analysis #1:
    Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Yoshi's Woolly World Highlight New Aims

What I have noticed about two upcoming Wii U games is their kid-friendly look.
    Here are some similarities:
    1. 4-Player (Kirby) and 2-Player (Yoshi) games in series that are normally 1-player
    2. Creative art styles. Clay for Kirby and Yarn for Yoshi.
    3. Include amiibo support.

Now, if you look at this, Nintendo is going for the kids. Kids think Yoshi and Kirby are cute, so they give them fun art styles and make them multiplayer. Plus the amiibo shows, they know kids (and other Nintendo gamers Rolling Eyes ) like using these figurines in video games, plus they like collecting them. So, that wraps it up. Nintendo is aiming for younger audiences to promote their games.
    YOSHI! KIRBY!

Last edited by Luma Party on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Luma's Analysis  Empty Re: Luma's Analysis

Post by queenzelda Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Well yea of course. Nintendo has always looked to sell to a younger audience cause it's their parents who buy the games the kids are demanding. Where as with Sony & M$ they seem to be targeting more 'adult ' players then kids.. Though I have read online arguments saying that Sony is trying to target kids to play their games with their LBP franchise. So I suppose it's all how you look at it if you think about it.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Well of course. Kirby's Dream Land was originally designed for a younger audience, although I do think they realized more older players do play the series too after Sakurai left, because they've gotten significantly better/more fun and slightly more difficult since then. Yoshi is also popular with kids I suppose, probably because he's cute like Kirby. (although I'd argue Kirby is cuter and so is Pikachu for that matter Razz XD)

Nintendo does try to make their games good for all audiences, so if it's rated E, it's marketed toward kids more to try and get as many people to play as possible. That's how I view it anyway.

Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:48 am

It only makes sense since Yoshi and Kirby are popular with the younger kids like Zero said. Though there a number of games that are for older kids such as X, Zelda and Star Fox.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Analysis #2.
    Today we'll be analysing this image.
    It was supposedly a "leak" of Nintendo's E3 plans.
    Now, let's begin.

Several of these were indeed revealed, but did not mtach what it said would happen.
    But, what I'm wondering is, while this was definitely fake, how did they know about Mario Party 10 or amiibo?
    There's also Codename S.T.E.A.M. listed as Project STEAM.
    Could this have been what Nintendo originally planned?
    Super Mario Sunshine HD, I would definitely buy.
    But, here comes the question again, what if this was, at least, part of their plan?
    I want your opinion.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:43 pm

It was just one of the many fake lists that year. Star Fox ended up being on the Wii U, a Sunshine remake seems more likely on New 3DS, Mario Party 10 was a game most people saw coming, Project Steam was the beta name, Xenoblade did not end up with that name, Zelda Wii U will likely be named something different and Iwata said that the amiibo would be at E3.
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Well for one thing, Codename S.T.E.A.M. had been trademarked a few months before it's actual reveal, so it makes sense they would get an idea of it's name. (of course, everyone always mistakes it for Project Steam instead of it's actual name, even NOW Razz) Mario Party 10 made sense since they're always releasing new ones, and then the rest were obviously fake, making the entire thing fake. Star Fox is of course on Wii U, not 3DS, they wouldn't have switched it right before E3, no way. And I mean, the fact that Smash is called "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS" without the Nintendo makes it pretty clearly fake. There's always easy ways to tell if the leak is fake if it's just text.
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Post by Luma Party Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Analysis #3
    Today, I'll analyze the supposed "leak" of an apparent Nintendo Direct on Wedensday.

Starting off, the first two things listed were "Pokémon Rumble World" and a new Paper Mario game.
    Notice something?
    The Pokémon game had an Australian approval thing done a couple weeks ago, and the Paper Mario game, was supposedly accidentally tweeted by Nintendo last year.

Now, the supposed SNES on 3DS, and GB and GBC on Wii U, and VC Cross-Play.
    I don't know if the 3DS can handle SNES games, but it'd be cool to play F-Zero on the 3DS.
    As for the Wii U, Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, I don't know if it really fits.
    I mean, they came from a really small screen, to the Wii U?
    But Cross-Play, personally, my SD Card would most likely be close to full, since I own tons of NES games on my Wii U.
    It just doesn't seem like something Nintendo would do though.

This whole "Web eShop" thing sounds odd though, why would DeNA develop that?
    Nintendo said they were working on something like this however.

The pre-order 10% thing seems quite false to me though, Nintendo would just lose money there.

As for "amiibo Gallery" Nintendo already confirmed that NES and SNES demos would soon be available by scanning your amiibo, but haven't confirmed the whole pictures thing.

As for N64 games running at 720p, this could be the reason why it's taking them years to put games that were on the Wii 8-9 years ago on the Wii U.

The only thing that is unlikely about the Mario Kart 8 DLC, is the 2-player split screen thing.

I can't comment on a lot of it due to it being European releases, but as for knitted Yoshi with Woolly World, I can believe that.

It would seem strange for the next amiibo wave to have Zero Suit Samus and Duck Hunt, still without Greninja and Bowser Jr.

But as for Splatoon getting amiibo, also believable.

StarFox Horizon, seems like a strange name, but it's interesting if Platinum is working on it with Miyamoto and Nintendo EAD.

I don't see why Nintendo would wait a week after the Direct, to send the Mewtwo codes.

That was lengthy...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 pm