The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Nintendo Forum Site

Login/Register to post on the forums and chat in the chatbox.

The Nintendo Forum Site

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
bayonetta
Gameguy1996
Winters Thief Zero
queenzelda
8 posters

My top 10 Nintendo characters

Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

My top 10 Nintendo characters - Page 2 Empty Re: My top 10 Nintendo characters

Post by Luma Party Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Fawful

Fawful is a hilarious.
    Meet the mustard of his doom.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Custom Title : Gengar Master
    Internet Browser : Google Chrome

User Points : 8540
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : The Legend of Zelda & Pokemonz

Post by queenzelda Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:11 am

Winters Thief Zero wrote:Also, I find it strange all of the characters in your list so far are all from Mario games, I never thought you were much of a fan of the characters in the series.
    Well I am a huge Mario fan even if I don't show much support for most Mario platform titles. XD I like new interesting platform Mario titles like Galaxy, Mario World, Super Mario World, & the whole thing with Mario and crew being on Isle Delfino. :3

Also since it's technically tomorrow at the moment I'm posting this response.. I'll go ahead & post my number six favorite Nintendo character. :3

#6: My top 10 Nintendo characters - Page 2 2254639-impa_skyward_sword
    Impa

More importantly Skyward Sword's iteration of Impa. I mean I love Impa in OoT believe you me; I love her character. She impressed me day one I meet her in OoT, but she impressed me more in Skyward Sword. OMG, she is such an awesomely strong female character & is also so very mysterious too. I may not be the biggest fan of Skyward Sword's gameplay but I LOVE the characters & story. More so with Impa making her appearance through out the game & making it kick so much more a** with her in being it. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Custom Title : Powered Up
    Internet Browser : Mozilla Firefox

User Points : 2147483647
    Favorite Nintendo Game? : Splatoon

Post by Winters Thief Zero Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:32 am

I love Impa too! Although I still feel bad for never finishing Skyward Sword. XD I need to do that eventually. (knowing me, never :p)
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Fawful had the Bleck role where he was overthrown and I don't enjoy him that much anymore since this one guy keeps bringing him up on a ton of different Mario and Nintendo boards.

As for Impa I like her Skyward Sword character since she was turned into more of a character that could defend Zelda.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:48 pm

Sorry I haven't updated this for some time every one. ^^;

#5: My top 10 Nintendo characters - Page 2 20100215062858
    Samus Aran

Don't get me wrong; I friggen love Samus. Hell she's my hero, but the ONLY reason she's number five is because there hasn't been a new Metorid game since Other M came out & Other M was just terrible compared to the Metroid Prime series (impo). >.<

Still... It's getting down to the wire with the characters that are left for the top spot of number one. While it was hard for me to pick a number five spot for any of the Nintendo characters I actually had to put some thought into placement for a lot of the ones I personally love. It's going to be super hard for me to have the top spot just be for one certain character over another that I know for sure. Because right now widdling it down to the top 5 down to number one hasn't been very easy for me. More so because I actually like some of the characters that I've been doing a list for. It'd be different if I had no emotions for them & could pick based on what their personalities were like, like with some of the Skylanders but some of the Nintendo characters I have an emotional attachment to so it's not easy for me to pick the top one from a group of such great contenders. :/
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Well, you did say you were skipping weekends, so you only missed one day. I understand that bottom paragraph. ^^ There's a lot of great Nintendo characters.

I also really like Samus.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:54 am

:3 Ok, I'm going ahead with the rest of my list; just so I can get all of this out of my head before I forget it all. xD ^^V

#4: My top 10 Nintendo characters - Page 2 Latest?cb=20140831174756&path-prefix=es
    Mario Mario

Let's be honest, with out Mario most of us wouldn't be Nintendo fans anyway. Mario is what got me into the platforming genera & Mario is what keeps me going back to it. I love Galaxy, Super Mario Sunshine, & the majority of the Paper Mario series, Mario & Luigi RPG titles, & most any platform title this guy is in. He may not have much personality but that's because Nintendo wants you to imagine that you the player are Mario & is why he's vapid of any personality. He's an archetype for us to place ourselves into & thus why he's so vapid character wise. The Mario platforming series is great, Mario is vapid & has no character but I love most games with him in it thus why he's higher up on this list.

#3: My top 10 Nintendo characters - Page 2 Latest?cb=20090726010755
    Link

Hey, I love Link just as much as any LOZ fan/gamer. But tbh he too is an archetype like Mario is. He's there to place ourselves in his shoes & is thus as vapid as Mario is. He has no personality & is told what to do via the helper characters. Anything you come up with for him is what you feel while you play during the game. Link is just a shell for you to place your feelings & experiences into is how I feel. But he's also been portrayed terribly by a vapid know it all guy who says; "Excuse me PRINCESS." At the drop of the hat too; thus making him a bit more annoying to see as the potential great warrior that he turns out to be.

#2: My top 10 Nintendo characters - Page 2 200px-Luigi_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World
    Luigi Mario

Yea, I know some aren't much of a fan of Luigi's but I've been a Luigi girl for a long time. :3 He has his own personality & he's just funny while humming along to the background music during Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & it would make me laugh: a lot. Luigi is the man: quite literally. The only reason he isn't higher is because he's not seen in as many games by himself as his older brother is & maybe in the future that'll start to change. ;3

& BIG drumroll:

Annnnnnnnnnnd. that's it. My whole list is done. Took me a while to dicker over the top contenders but I'm happy with who they are. Well; for me at least. XD
    Luma Party
    Luma Party
    Link
    Link

Custom Title : The Luma
    User Points : 2765

Post by Luma Party Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:27 am

Queen there names aren't Mario Mario and Luigi Mario.
    Miyamoto himself said their last names are irrelevant, and they're definitely not Mario.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:41 am

Luma Party wrote:Queen there names aren't Mario Mario and Luigi Mario. Miyamoto himself said their last names are irrelevant, and they're definitely not Mario.
    Maybe so but it's my list & I'm sticking to their last names that I gave them. Besides which I know already that isn't their 'last names'; I just wanted to have some fun with it by poking fun at the Mario bro's for have been given such last names in the old Mario bro's movie. xp
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:27 pm

Nobody wants to be reminded of that movie though. Razz XD That's a good list, I definitely didn't expect your #1! I don't remember you ever really talking about her, at least not much. Interesting.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:25 pm

Well Lyn sort of came from left field in my brain as I talked to my sweetheart Jing about this list & it was then that I realized just how much of an impact her character had on me & is why she's so high up on my list. The reason I don't talk much about her character or Fire Emblem Sacred Stones is because I feel like that's one game that is a rarity to find to talk to Fire Emblem fans about & if I find out they like the game then I open up some more about it. Sort of like with Lord of the Rings, long before it became uber popular. It's the secret little gem that helps those of us who know about the game & characters connect since it's no longer 'cool' to do the same with liking Lord of the Rings apparently; or at least according to the Nostalgia Critic anyway. <.<;;
    Winters Thief Zero
    Winters Thief Zero
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Winters Thief Zero Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:31 pm

^ Oh, well I personally loved Sacred Stones. Although I haven't played it in awhile, so I'm not sure I remember everything as well as you do. XD And I have no idea how it wouldn't be "cool" to talk about Lord of the Rings or anything as popular or mainstream as it...just because everybody knows about it doesn't mean it can't be fun to have a conversation about it.
    Gameguy1996
    Gameguy1996
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Internet Browser : Safari

User Points : 12861

Post by Gameguy1996 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:38 pm

I thought Peach and Zelda would be on your list and Lyn as number 1 was a suprise.
    queenzelda
    queenzelda
    Lady Queen
    Lady Queen

Post by queenzelda Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:36 pm

@ Zero: I'll just leave this here for you to view & make of it what you will..

@ Gameguy: Eh, both always need to be rescued with the exception of one game with each character; with Peach it's Super Princess Peach & Zelda it's Hyrule Warrior's. Meh. *shrugs*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:31 pm